“For location and service”

Omni Charlottesville
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The family met up in Charlottesville for Thanksgiving weekend and chose the Omni for the great location and consistent service. From the front door valet through to the housekeeping staff, everyone is welcoming, polite, and accomodating. Great beds. Very clean. The only negative: small bathrooms.This is my third visit. Convenience to the restaurants, movie theater, shopping, is a big plus. You don't need to take your car, but if you want to venture further, the carpark is accessible through the basement of the Omni. You can catch your coffee on the run in the lobby or walk to a coffeehouse on the pedestrial mall. Even when the temperature dropped the activity on the mall remains safe and vibrant all day and well after dinner. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

We are grateful for your generous recommendation of the Omni Charlottesville. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your Thanksgiving celebration and for continuing to choose us for your Charlottesville accommodations. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Omni in Charlottesville, VA on a three day business trip. The staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. I was promptly checked into my room and offered an Omni Members option that required only my e-mail and phone number. This entitled me to a number of member benefits that were actually useful during my stay, in particular a free drink of my choice delivered at my preferred time to my room every morning of my stay. I took advantage of having coffee delivered to my room promptly each morning within 15 minutes of waking up. Perfect! The room was clean and updated. The hotel is situated perfectly at the end of the pedestrian mall in Charlottesville which offers ample food and entertainment within a very short walk. The restaurant in the hotel was exceptional. I ate dinner here one night and enjoyed a terrific meal at a reasonable price. Additionally, the breakfast buffet along with the omelette bar was a perfect way to start each day at a reasonable rate as well. The staff here was also very accommodating and considerate. Overall, this was one of the most friendly and comfortable hotels I have stayed in. My only criticism is the bed. I had a double queen room with two beds which were not comfortable at all. One of the beds was stiff as a board while the other one had springs poking me in the back all night. Needless to say, I did not sleep as nicely as I would have preferred. Despite the beds, this was a very nice place to stay and somewhere I would stay again if I ever get back to Charlottesville.

1  Thank McAnallyFamily_80125

We enjoyed reading about your stay at the Omni Charlottesville and are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the immediate perks of our Select Guest Program. Please accept our apologies for any issues with your bed. If you stay with us again please do not hesitate to let us know of any concerns and we will immediately address them. Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stay in Charlottesville frequently, and hate ending up anywhere other than the Omni. For the value, location, comfort, and service, it is the best bang for the buck of virtually any hotel I have ever stayed in. They accomplish this by following some of the simple rules of customer service 101: be polite, be accommodating, and provide nice little perks that don't cost you all that much but that make your guests feel special. (Yes: they bought me off by leaving me an unexpected bottle of cheap champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on my birthday.)

The rooms are quite nice. I've stayed in fancier, but here, it is the overall vibe of your stay that makes you feel good - not how much they spent on the granite countertop in the bathroom or the big screen TV. Everything works and is comfortable.

And as many others have pointed out: location, location, location! The Omni is convenient to everything, and it is wonderful to be able to wander out onto the downtown mall, whatever time of year.

Room Tip: Personally, I like the top floors for the nice view. Great elevators, never a need to wait.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your generous recommendation of the Omni Charlottesville. We are delighted to be your preferred hotel in Charlottesville and appreciate all of your kind words. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a really nice place to stay when visiting Charlottesville. You can't beat the location as you exit the lobby of the hotel, right onto the "Downtown Mall" & Main Street, where there are many quaint shops, restaurants & a vibrant art/music/street scene. Our room was warm & inviting. We had a view of the "park" inside the hotel which was quite nice, esp given how cold it was outside.

To me, a hotel is all about the bed & this one I found very comfortable. The linens were fresh & felt expensive, as did the towels & furnishings. The bathroom was great as well.

Bonus**** You can get a Starbucks Latte (or whatever drink you fancy) in the hotel gift shop. The restaurant is also quite good.

• Stayed: November 2012

We are glad we met all of your needs for location, luxury, and even a Latte! Thank you for sharing your kind words on Tripadvisor and we hope for a future opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Omni Nov. 4th and 5th 2012 and really enjoyed the stay. Friendly staff, easy parking. If you're coming in at night from 64 down 5th St the turn in the drop off area and deck can be hard to see as its set back from the street.It's on your right just past the intersection with Water street. At that intersection is a statue of Lewis and Clark. I really liked my room #707 as it was on the side away from the atrium and had nice views of the mountains and downtown Charlottesville so I would ask for a room not on the atrium side. There are a lot of hotels but the Omni is on the downtown mall which was main street bricked over in the late 70s and is now a very charming pedestrian mall full of restaurants and shops. You really don't need your car. A CVS several blocks away makes the usual hotel shop not necessary as you can get anything you need there in a 2 minute walk. There is a large indoor ice skating rink directly next to the hotel which is really neat. When I'm traveling I really like convenience and this is the best. Lots of good restaurants all a safe easy walk along the mall. Wells Fargo and Bank of America have offices on the mall as do a couple of local banks. The Albemarle Historical Society, Library and Courthouse are also within easy walking distance and one street over from the mall.. Sign up as an Omni select guest and you get a USA Today otherwise you won't get a paper. If you are there to see UVA I'd still stay at the Omni as the hotels within walking distance of UVA grounds aren't that great. You will have to drive about 5 minutes to get to the UVA grounds.

Room Tip: 7th floor AWAY from the atrium.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After a 2 week course in the Charlottesville area. I stayed at the Omni the day before I left. I needed this. Room was amazing. Clean, spacious, quiet and when I requested the down pillows and comforter be changed it was done immediately. The location fantastic. All you need and more is right there. I will be back. If you ever visit Charlottesville, Virginia. I highly recommend the Omni. Louise From Keswick Ridge. NB Canada

• Stayed: November 2012

We are glad an overnight stay at the Omni Charlottesville was just what you needed after a long course. Thank you for sharing your recommendation on TripAdvisor and we hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our family (two adults and two young children) had a wonderful stay at the Omni this past weekend. The location is great, it's an attractive hotel and the staff was helpful. It's very easy to access UVA, Monticello and Ash-Lawn. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are delighted that your family enjoyed their time at the Omni Charlottesville. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you return soon!