“Excellent, dependable and roomy”

Omni Charlottesville
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I really enjoy the Omni. Location is super, right on the mall. Close to the ice skating arena and many restaurants. University is convienient to the property. The rooms are large, no matter if you get an upgrade. Clean and well maintained. I think the head of housekeeping should get a hug. The staff seems happy and they take time paying attention to details. Man o' man that is important. When you think about it, it's really as alpha as the front desk crew!!! Towels are large and plentiful, nice amenities and linens are plush.

Screaming fast internet. A requirment, not a desire! Someday it will be mandatory to be free at all hotels. Lobby is supper for people watching. I think it was designed by a noteable architect.

Great jumping off point for research and perhaps wine tasting....yes Virginia has some rocking wineries.

Stong recommendations for the Omni. Travel safely.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank RecessionaryMary
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

We truly enjoyed reading your review of The Omni Charlottesville and are thankful for all of your kind words. It will be our pleasure to pass along your compliments and a hug to our Housekeeping manager. It is our good fortune to have her as an associate! Thank you again for sharing your recommendation on TripAdvisor and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The things I liked the most were: the fantastic huge and comfortable bed , the large room with a nice living room and small kitchnette, and the delicious breakfast.Also excelent location, next to the Dowtown Mall (this one was very disappoiting having only a few interesting stores). Definitly a very good choice for a business or leisure trip or for the ones wanting to visit Monticello or the great Blue Ridge Mountains Southern Wine Trail

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Iras

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you had a great stay and hope to have you return.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed at the Omni twice within a few weeks for a total of 4 nights.
It is a very good 4 star hotel with everything that you would expect in this price range.
One thing that was truly exceptional however was the fact that when my wife forgot a pillow and a blanket (don't ask me why she takes those items on trips) the people at the Omni put everything into a large box and sent it via UPS, just like that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sebbo13

Many thanks for your complimentary review of The Omni Charlottesville. It was our pleasure to send your wife her pillow and blanket and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Met our daughter for Easter. Beautiful room - so clean.
Had such a good time we joined their rewards program!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I had a very nice experience at this hotel. Overall the hotel is perfectly maintained and attractive, however I thought the style seemed outdated. I'm no design expert but I'm guessing the darker look with the dark brick colored tiles and tree atrium lobby is 80's ish? Rooms were in excellent condition, and I had a nice large corner room. The mattress is average, and I was expecting better quality linens on the bed and for towels. As mentioned, sound proofing is poor and I can hear normal speaking voices from the room next door. Bathroom is average. The free beverage service in the morning was presented beautifully and was prompt. If it weren't for that coffee delivered to my door, I would not have had time for my caffeine fix!
This hotel is ideal for the stranded traveler. It is located right at the end of a pedestrian downtown. There is a free "trolley service" (sometimes it's a regular bus) that will take you to points at UVA and around town right behind the hotel. The for pay bus system is there as well. This hotel is a comfortable pedestrian friendly walk from the Amtrak station. If without a vehicle, the higher price here is worth the convenience in my opinion.
Service was friendly and helpful. I was standing outside waiting for a taxi (hard to get so call far in advance). An employee noticed the pant cuff to my suit was wedged underneath my sock. I looked like an idiot. She was kind enough to go out of her way and actually come outside from the hotel to tell me. I found that to be very proactive and kind.
The South-African inspired restaurant across the street was wonderful. I actually miss and crave their crab dip with fried plantains. If I were staying in the area, I'd compare the rate of this Omni with the 3.5 star properties. If it's only a bit more, I'd go with the Omni. If not traveling by car, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank csj81

We appreciate your thorough feedback from your recent stay at The Omni Charlottesville Hotel. It was a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our location to be convenient, especially without a car. We enjoy the opportunity to share positive compliments about our associates and will be sure to share your comments about the kindness of our employee and the positive impression she made. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed at the Omni for a few weeks on a business trip recently, and it was the ideal hotel. Location is great, right on the downtown mall so its easy to go out for food or whatever you need. My room was ample in size and had the most comfortable bed - no problems with jetlag for me! Because I joined the Omni Select Guest program I got complimentary wifi in my room and 2 complimentary beverages delivered to my room every morning. If you have to get out of that comfy bed then having your coffee and juice delivered and waiting makes it so much easier! The gym is small but well equipped, had everything I wanted and I never had to wait for equipment. The restaurant and room service were also excellent. One night I got back quite late after a very long day at work and I had the best club sandwich ever from room service. I also appreciated the welcome email from the concierge, ahead of my stay - nice touch! And all the staff were excellent. The only thing that could have improved the hotel would be a bar fridge in the room - but that was a pretty minor issue since everything else was so good. If you're going to Charlottesville, I definitely recommend Omni.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Aussie_traveller63

Thank you for your generous recommendation of The Omni Charlottesville. We are delighted that you had an excellent experience and we hope to have you return.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

We were looking for a hotel in the middle of Charlottesville so as it was getting late we chose the Omni. Well it was a big mistake. Firstly it was expensive, nearly three hundred dollars for one night. We asked for a non smoking room and were told that they were all non smoking. So when we got into the room we were surprised to find that it had a very strong smell of tobacco. We called the front desk and were told that it was their only room, which I didnt believe, and then they said that all the old smoking rooms had been completely cleaned and it shouldnt smell. Well it did. I then found that I could not open any of the windows to get some fresh air. I then ask the front desk for the code for the wifi and was told that I would have to pay an extra $9 a day for it!! $300 and I still had to pay for an internet connection!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay there
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flashmanengland

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay at The Omni Charlottesville. It sounds as if you were in the hotel during UVA Commencement weekend which is why we were unable to provide you with a room change. The event sells out our hotel a year in advance and it is rare that we have any rooms available on such short notice. Regardless of our high occupancy, we do feel that every guest of our hotel should have a room that exceeds their expectations and we apologize that there was a lingering smoke smell in your room. Several rooms have recently been transitioned to non smoking and we will have our housekeeping team revisit those rooms to ensure that all odors are eliminated. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us a second opportunity to provide you with a stay that exceeds your expectations.