“Can't Say Enough About Our Stay!”

Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Loganville PA
“Can't Say Enough About Our Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

We booked our reservation by phone, was given a confirmation number and after arriving at the Holiday Inn was truely pleased. The room was beautiful, staff outstanding and very cordial, very sound proof too! We saw alot of smiles, and greetings there. TOTALLY pleased, and would suggest this to any traveler looking for a great place to stay! We are all seniors and very picky and this was top rated in our book!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

Ok, so I was being cheap and got this for $68 (w/tax)...cheapest for the night was $110 on every other site. Most hotels were getting very pricey as I was booking for a Friday evening. Naturally, I ended up with a smoking room that I didn't want. The check-in desk was kind of rude about the room preference since I was Priceline scum.

The rooms aren't very nice..it's hard to believe this is post-renovation. The lobby looks ok, but why would I hang out in the lobby at a Holiday Inn? Bathroom was kind of gross too.

In retrospect, I should just stop being so cheap....grrrr.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank AlwaysSunnyInDC

Travelers are raving about these Charlottesville hotels

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

The most amazing thing about this Holiday Inn is its staff. They were very helpful! The rooms are great too. My bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean and spacious! I didn't bring my swimsuit, but if I'd known they had such a nice indoor pool I would have. That was a popular spot! The only downside here is the breakfast. It's not a very good value and I don't recommend it for families looking to save a little. If you want to get a good breakfast for a good price, go to some other restaurant; there are several options nearby. Overall, this hotel is a good choice, mainly because it's easy to find and located directly on a major highway.

• Stayed February 2010
dulles, va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

I travel to Charlottesville several times a month for business. I usually stay at another hotel but they were sold out. So I decided to give Holiday Inn a try. After a long day of traveling, it was nice to be greeted with a warm and welcoming smile. I think they may have recently renovated, it had a fresh look. The rooms are more spacious then most hotels. The staff was great from check-in to check out. I feeled as though they appreciated my business.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

We got the room for Valentine's Day weekend through Priceline for $45/night. If I had paid full price, I'd have been mad. Here's why: 1) The bed was cheap and shook every time either of us moved - woke me up 2) The thin walls let in most of the noise from adjacent rooms 3) Even though we weer in a non-smoking room, the bathroom stank of smoke from the adjacent room. It wasn't from the last occupant, because it started our second night, when the occcupant next door changed. Disgusting and didn't leave us feeling very clean after a shower. 4) the heating and ccoling system was also quite loud, which would have been more bearable if it was constant, but it cycled on and off.
The staff were all pleasant, and the room was clean and reasonably decorated. The location was fine but definitely not charming - about 10 mins to downtown Cville.
Bottom line - for $45/night, we were OK with it, but if it had been $100, it would have been a ripoff.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
floatingfish
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

Great place. I have been staying here for 5 years. Have no complaints and will continue to stay here without a doubt. No questions asked. Great personnel, great staff. Great atmosphere. Its home away from home.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

We showed up with our reservation in hand that we made through Hotels.com in the middle of a snow storm and a huge concert nearby. They told us they couldn't honor our reservation and that there was nothing they could do. We showed them our receipt that showed we'd paid for the room months earlier. It didn't matter to them and the staff was insanely rude. We contacted hotels.com and they did nothing either. We were on our own.

We found a room nearby and eventually got hotels.com to cover the cost, but they wouldn't refund our money on the room we never eveb stayed in. When I wrote this review on their website they never put it up and censored me from putting any more reviews up. What a bunch of scam artists. The hotel realized that they could get more money for the room and just threw us out without blinking,

Don't trust either of those companies!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple