All reviews room was clean would stay here again hotel restaurant exercise room convenient location one night stay short drive movie theater king bed uva ihg university convention microwave concert hospital
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We held a wedding reception at the Holiday Inn Charlottesville (University Area) several weeks ago and the celebration was fantastic. We had 200 guests (many from out of town) and the hotel staff was extremely courteous. The banquet facilities were recently remodeled which made the environment top notch. But the best part of the occasion was the banquet staff and the food. From the planning to the actual event, we could not have asked for a more professional and first class team. We had no worries as everything was planned down to the little details. The food was excellent. We can say this several weeks later since we continue to hear from many of the guests who attended the wedding and the reception continues to be the topic of conversation. They rave about the excellent food, the staff who worked the reception and the overall great experience they had.

I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Charlottesville if you are planning a special banquet occasion.

Date of stay: May 2009
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I was very surprised. We made arrangements to visit Montecello and I was late in calling. I always stay at Hilton's and was very disappointed to find that there were no rooms available there...it was graduation weekend. I found this by chance and was so delighted. The staff was very attentive. It was a clean and beautiful atmosphere. Delicious food and drinks. I understand that they just did some renovation...Loved the visit! It was a great HOLIDAY!

Date of stay: May 2009
Reviewed April 22, 2009

This hotel is a perfect, solid example of a well done three-star hotel, which we would recommend to anyone. I did a lot or reviewing for our two night stay, and this hotel lived up to the reviews. It was clean, the rooms were fine, the staff was courteous. We got a great price on hotwire. Across the parking lot facing Emmett St. is the Milan Indian Restaurant, where we enjoyed dinner our first night.

Date of stay: April 2009
Reviewed April 16, 2009

What can I say! Excelent stay. My daughter, husband and myself stayed here during "Days on the Lawn" at UVA this past weekend. The University is a short 5-10 minute drive right down the street. Our stay here couldn't have been better! Our room was much larger than most hotels. It included a table and 2 chairs along with a desk and task chair. Most hotels today have thrown out the table & chairs and only offer a desk and task chair. Everything was exceptionally clean. Staff could not have bee more friendly! Our room included a small fridge with a separate freezer and a microwave. Each bed had 3 pillows so we didn't have to ask for extra pillows as we traditionally sleep with 2 pillows. Our room had a small coffee pot and bottled water. Made service had even taken the time to decoratively fold the towels, and ends of the toilet paper rolls, much like a 5-star hotel would do. We had breakfast in the hotel which was quite substantial and reasonably priced. We each had 3 strips of bacon, 2 eggs, hashbrowns and toast for $5.99 ea. A continental breakfast buffet was also available for around the same price. A Kroger grocery store is conveniently located right across the street to pick up snacks, drinks, etc.

Date of stay: April 2009
1  Thank VirginiaTravelbuddy
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Have been staying at this property as a business traveler since 1989 - before and since it became a Holiday Inn. The latest renovation, completed early this year, has been well worth the wait. The lobby area is welcoming, spacious, with a big screen TV and fireplace to boot. Rooms are comfortable, freshly painted, with heating and cooling that get the job done. The beds are very comfortable and the shower has all the hot water you need. For me, it's convenient location is a decided plus, as well.

The front desk staff makes you feel welcome and to a person the professional staff works hard to make your stay a "no hassle" experience.

The grill and lounge are comfortable places to spend some time. There's a large fireplace and big screen TV's atop the bar, plus a dining room with moderately-priced but hearty grill food. With over two decades of business trips to Charlottesville, I've had lots of hotels to choose from. I still really like the University Area Holiday Inn the best and I'll be back next trip.

Date of stay: March 2009