Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$114
Doubletree.com
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
$234
$169
  • Pool
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$130
$125
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$116
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$153
$139
GardenInn.com
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotels.com
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$169
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$113
$102
SleepInn
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
$165
All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay here againfront desk staffdecent hotelone night staymovie theateruvaihguniversityinnsconcertfihospitalconvenience
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We booked through Hotels.com and were placed in a smoking room. They said they had nothing else available and they would not issue a credit or refund for the second night so that we could move elsewhere. The room was in the basement and disconnected from the main part of the hotel. Dirty, dingy and horribly stinky. Nor was our room cleaned in a timely manner - we arrived back at 5pm and it still had not been cleaned. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Roxanne J
Del S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

We are sorry for your experience. I will work with our Housekeeping leadership to ensure our smoking rooms are in better shape and the smoke smell cleared after each guest departure. We are looking forward to guest room redecoration projects beginning later this summer to all rooms, that will especially upgrade our few smoking rooms.
Additionally, we encourage guests to book reservations through the hotel, our website, or Holiday Inn reservations; where you can take advantage of the Best Price Guarantee. Moreover, we will confirm a non-smoking room at the time of booking, if that is your preference.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I came down to Virginia for a lacrosse game. I was impressed with the staff from the start. I told them that there was a glitch in the dates that I reserved and Mike the manager solved the issue in about 30 seconds. I also needed to check in early, Again, not an issue, solved immediately. When I arrived, there was a issue involving my room, and they immediately moved me to another room. Finally, I wanted (and needed) a late check out, not an issue once again, I was able to check out at the perfect time. The rooms at holiday inns are not overwhelmingly different from one to another, but the friendliness and professionalism of the staff in Charlottesville will rival any hotel staff in the country.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Del S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valued feedback. Our team works very hard to provide great service to our guests and your review affirms their effort. Thank you especially for acknowledging Mike, one of our valued team leaders. Accommodating special requests is our pleasure and we are happy you found your stay satisfying.
To enhance the guest experience, we will soon begin redecorating our guest rooms. We invite you stay with us this Summer after the first of our redecoration projects concludes. We hope to receive your feedback again!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stay here every February. Our work takes us here for a month. The hotel staff is wonderful, the rooms are clean and comfortable. If you have a problem just talk to someone on their staff and they will do their best to fix it. We will not stay anywhere else. It is like staying with family with out the family.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. No complaints whatsoever. It was clean, comfortable and convenient to where we needed to be. The hotel accommodated my request for two adjoining rooms so my mother could stay next to us. Breakfast is not included in the rate, and we did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. Bodo's is right down the street, though, and we love their bagels! I did not get a chance to use the pool, but it looked nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff - especially the lady at the front desk. Room was clean and ready to go. Restaurant had a delicious breakfast. Would stay here again for sure. Central to all the things we wanted to do. The Indian restaurant close to the hotel was very good.

Stayed: December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear TJN293,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of staff service, breakfast option and the location of our hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P