Stayed 3 nights. Clean and very spacious room. Comfortable bed with many pillows of different firmness. Close to university, mall and downtown. Short drive from Monticello (but still not bad). Super friendly staff. Theresa in the bar/restaraunt was wonderful! Reasonably priced room service although I didn't order anything. The pool/fitness room were basic, but then again, I didn't use them. They had a very nice patio with furniture to drink wine or hang out. Our room was along the side of NC 29. Unlike other reviewers, I did not hear any cars or noise from the road at all. Packed hotel from what it appeared, and I heard no noise from the other guests. My only complaint is that our room was on a corner next to the stair well, and the door to the stair well shuts a bit hard. Every time someone went to the stairs, it sounded like they were knocking on our door. No continental breakfast, but free coffee in the lobby. The coffee maker in the room only made one cup each reg and decaf. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay. Can't beat it for the price we paid. Would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Charlottesville Hotel- University Area and Conference Center. Our hotel is conveniently located on (Route 29) Emmet Street. The University of Virginia is located within one mile of the hotel. Nearby attractions include the University of Virginia, Monticello, Ashlawn-Highland, Wineries, Michie Tavern, Montpelier, and various boutique shops and galleries. Nearby companies and government offices include State Farm Regional Office, GE -Fanuc, Northrop Grumman, Lexi-Nexis, Klockner, Sprint, PRA, National Ground Intelligence Center, J.A.G. School, UVA Health Systems, and Biotage Technologies. Our newly renovated, spacious rooms include free high speed wireless Internet. We also offer a business center, fitness facility, pay per view movies, coffee/ tea makers, room service, guest laundry, free USA Today on the weekdays and complimentary shuttle service to the Charlottesville Airport. During your stay we invite you to dine at our Lobby Cafe'. We are the ideal location for your wedding, banquet, meeting or any special event. The Holiday Inn University area offers facilities to accommodate up to 300 people, with over 4,900 square feet of meeting space. Let our expert staff work for you in accommodating your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area Hotel Charlottesville
- Holiday Inn University Area
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn