We checked in around 8:00 p.m. on Saturday night after spending the day at a family reunion. Needless to say we were exhausted and in need of a shower. The check in was fine and the staff was courteous. As a priority member, we were given a small "gift" bag. There were four of us in our party: myself, my husband and my son and daughter (ages 4 and 6). Our gift bag contain one child-size bag of Goldfish crackers and a one small bag of fruit candy, plus a discount for a meal in the restaurant. It was not very impressive. Our room was fine, noisy a/c unit that was either too hot or too cold. The beds were comfortable, but neither my husband nor I could sleep well on the pillows. The carpet was in need of a good shampooing as well. The worst part was the bath tub. It had not been cleaned and it was very evident. There were clumps of hair all around the tub and you could see soap scum. Unfortunately, we didn't notice this problem until close to 9:00 p.m. and we needed to get the kids settled. Instead of calling housekeeping (we figured it would take at least 15 minutes or longer for someone to clean the tub and we didn't want to move to a new room as we were unpacked already), my husband retrieved a bottle of cleaning fluid from our truck and I cleaned the tub to my satisfaction before giving the kids a bath. Check out was fine and we were only at the hotel for a total of about 13-14 hours. If we were staying more than one night in the area, I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Monticello Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we are 2 miles from the Historic Downtown Mall . We are the closest hotel to nearby attractions such as: Monticello; Ash Lawn-Highland; and Michie Tavern, and a convenient 3 miles from the University of Virginia and the UVa Hospital. Our hotel is just minutes away from the numerous arts and entertainment events held at the Paramount Theatre, Downtown Pavilion, Starr Hill Music Hall, Ash-Lawn Opera, and our newest venue, the John Paul Jones Arena also known as The Jack or JPJ . For visitors traveling on business we are close to State Farm Regional Office, GE-Fanuc, Hyosung, Lexis Nexis, SNL Securities, Klockner Pentaplast, UVA Medical Center, Martha Jefferson Hospital, , and Luck Stone Corp. This Charlottesville hotel features comfortably appointed rooms, free high-speed Internet, local phone calls, HBO, pay-per-view movies, irons & boards, hair dryers and coffee makers. The full service restaurant Charlotte s serves breakfast, dinner and room service daily. We have over 2200 square feet of versatile meeting and banquet space to host events for business meetings, weddings, reunions , and events . Let our experienced staff focus on the details to ensure that your event is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn