“Restaurant is lacking”

Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Danville, Virginia
“Restaurant is lacking”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed one night here amd the room is just what you might expect froma Holiday Inn. It was clean and bes were comfortable. The TV had plenty of channels and the bathroom had the usual soaps, shampoo, lotions. The front desk staff was great. They helped me out with a couple of things and made the stay pleasant.
The restaurant was quite a letdown. The food was just alright (simply bacon and eggs) but it took 32 minutes to get the food served once the order was placed. I don't know what the hold up was, but other folks seem to have the same experience. I have an idea the kitchen is understaffed. If I stay there again, I will probably just go to the Waffle House down the street for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Buck4you,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent travel. We are very pleased you liked your clean and comfortable rooms, and that our front desk staff was very helpful. Your wonderful comments will be a huge motivation for us in continually providing excellent customer service. I do want to take the time to apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at the restaurant. Please be assured that your feedback is already noted and we will certainly work on improvements for your next stay and for future guests.

Should you be back in Monticello in the future, we would love to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Finnish first
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nothing special about this Holiday Inn. Good clean hotel. The winner here is the staff. Tana and the rest of the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially when using the business center. Saved the day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim R
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was by far one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in this hotel category. The staff was curious, the rooms were updated, and the breakfast even came with some basic garnishing. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I am sitting in the dining hall for 30+ minutes to get my breakfast. The kitchen staff seems to be overworked b/c there's a wedding party in the other hall, but this doesn't justify that they screw up other guests' morning schedule. This basically beats the basic purpose of staying here - to be near Monticello to save time. I already lost more time than I saved and I see no end to my wait.

I do not have a particularly high standard for accomodations, as I have travelled across the Middle East and saw much worse places. But I decided to leave my very first review on Tripadvisor with the lowest grade b/c this is just completely unacceptable.

For record, I am staying for a night from May 24th to 25th, 2014.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MAEHOLIDAY, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Woong-ki,
Please accept my sincere apologize for the slow breakfast service you experienced. We were hosting several weddings during your stay and despite our efforts to ensure appropriate staffing, unseen circumstances gave us a big surprise. We are reviewing the circumstance and our recovery options to ensure we do everything in our power to ensure it does not happen again.
If you’re in our area again I hope you give us another opportunity provide a better service experience.
Mae E. Guest Service Manager

Travelers are raving about these Charlottesville hotels

Manchester
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed for one night, and had an outstanding experience. Checkin was quick and cheerful. Late dinner was excellent and a very good value. Nice selections for breakfast. Pet-friendly, yet quiet. Easy checkout.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jacht42
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was convenient for our tour of presidential homes in the area. The staff was very helpful with dinner recommendations in the Belmont area. The room was very quiet despite proximity to the highway. The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was the 1st time we took are small dog with us at a pet friendly hotel. I'd the room was assigned for guests with pets, I couldn't tell. It was clean and had no pet smell. Room was a nice size and staff very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple