This property is an older high rise (10 floors) Holiday Inn located near Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello. It is also near the University of Virginia. The exterior of the property is what you would expect from an older (approximately 25 years) motel. Nothing special, but the interior is very nice and the rooms are more typical of a new, stylish, contemporary urban hotel. The bathroom was average. The room was noisy as it faced the highway and surprisingly there is a lot of traffic on I-64.
Very friendly staff. The location is very convenient for sightseeing and visiting Charlottesville. There are no restaurants or gas at this exit, however there are some a few miles away.
The rate seemed a bit pricey but I had to pay an extra $30 for two small dogs and the property was sold out. Supply and demand. Based upon other reviews it is possible that all rooms have not been updated. My room appeared to be relatively new so be sure to ask for an updated room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Monticello Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we are 2 miles from the Historic Downtown Mall . We are the closest hotel to nearby attractions such as: Monticello; Ash Lawn-Highland; and Michie Tavern, and a convenient 3 miles from the University of Virginia and the UVa Hospital. Our hotel is just minutes away from the numerous arts and entertainment events held at the Paramount Theatre, Downtown Pavilion, Starr Hill Music Hall, Ash-Lawn Opera, and our newest venue, the John Paul Jones Arena also known as The Jack or JPJ . For visitors traveling on business we are close to State Farm Regional Office, GE-Fanuc, Hyosung, Lexis Nexis, SNL Securities, Klockner Pentaplast, UVA Medical Center, Martha Jefferson Hospital, , and Luck Stone Corp. This Charlottesville hotel features comfortably appointed rooms, free high-speed Internet, local phone calls, HBO, pay-per-view movies, irons & boards, hair dryers and coffee makers. The full service restaurant Charlotte s serves breakfast, dinner and room service daily. We have over 2200 square feet of versatile meeting and banquet space to host events for business meetings, weddings, reunions , and events . Let our experienced staff focus on the details to ensure that your event is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn