Holiday Inn Charlottesville - Monticello
I am currently staying at the hotel and would like to say for the record -
IT AIN'T A 3 STAR!!!! No where near!
Let me start by saying that the check-in process was smooth and the young ladies were superb! Funny, accurate and knowledgeable.
Now the real deal...
I added one night onto my stay but the cleaning staff didn't know that so when we returned to our room after being out all day, the room was clean at first sight. And then I needed to take my shower! Eeeeeooooowwww THEY DO NOT CLEAN THE TUBS!!! (And if a manager responds to this criticism, I took pictures of your carts and there is NOTHING that indicates tub cleaning) I took pictures of ALL of the previous hotel guests scum and then realized that I had already taken a shower! I feel faint! We had to request cleaning supplies and clean it ourselves. And, there are no sponges, they gave a rag.
Secondly, there is previous spillage that wasn't cleaned in the room (pictures as well) of where there is no particular attention to detail. That's just bad management! Really bad! (That's my opinion but I've traveled the world - just saying is all)
Thirdly, really, air conditioners where you must turn the volume up to 50 to hear the TV? Or where it sounds like an 18 wheeler idling in the parking lot and we are on the 4th floor. Totally unacceptable!!
Lastly, on the morning of the valedictorian commencements, I ordered coffee and waited. As a matter of fact, I'm STILL waiting. Why? BECAUSE SHE FORGOT TO GET MY ROOM NUMBER!!! Really? In this day and age 1) you can't identify the room number and/or persons calling, and, 2) shouldn't asking for a room number be a standard practice when taking an order if you cant identify who's calling? Any order?
Management issue? I think yes.
I happen to enjoy the HI chain - Intercontinental, Express and Crowne Plaza but this one in particular needs to meet the 21st century. Thomas Jefferson wouldn't even want to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Monticello Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we are 2 miles from the Historic Downtown Mall . We are the closest hotel to nearby attractions such as: Monticello; Ash Lawn-Highland; and Michie Tavern, and a convenient 3 miles from the University of Virginia and the UVa Hospital. Our hotel is just minutes away from the numerous arts and entertainment events held at the Paramount Theatre, Downtown Pavilion, Starr Hill Music Hall, Ash-Lawn Opera, and our newest venue, the John Paul Jones Arena also known as The Jack or JPJ . For visitors traveling on business we are close to State Farm Regional Office, GE-Fanuc, Hyosung, Lexis Nexis, SNL Securities, Klockner Pentaplast, UVA Medical Center, Martha Jefferson Hospital, , and Luck Stone Corp. This Charlottesville hotel features comfortably appointed rooms, free high-speed Internet, local phone calls, HBO, pay-per-view movies, irons & boards, hair dryers and coffee makers. The full service restaurant Charlotte s serves breakfast, dinner and room service daily. We have over 2200 square feet of versatile meeting and banquet space to host events for business meetings, weddings, reunions , and events . Let our experienced staff focus on the details to ensure that your event is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn