The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$129
Doubletree.com
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$127
$116
Hampton.com
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
$169
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$144
Homewood
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$161
$110
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$107
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$134
GardenInn.com
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$145
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfast isovernight staynon smokingflat screen tvfridge and microwavehotel roomuvahospital
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I didn't even stay the night. The front desk clerk and owner started joking around with me when I checked in, which was fine, but then the jokes started getting sleazy, and then ended with them telling me to "get in the kitchen and start cooking them some steaks". I stayed about 2 hours and then left, I felt so uncomfortable as a single female travelling alone. There was not chain on the door which made me feel worse. I had to drive 45 minutes at 9pm to get to my friend's house and no refund even after complaining to Choice Hotels. Never again!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank EastC0aster07
Reviewed August 3, 2007

We stayed at this hotel while Camp Jeep was going on. There was no toilet paper on the roll, and no extra roll. The manager said that there policy was not to leave an extra roll because housekeeping stole them at the end of their shift. They will only give you 2 towels, even if you have 4 people staying in a room. I had to ask for more each night. We stayed next to the hotel lobby, and there was a huge hole thru the wall with tissue stuck in it. Kreeped us out. The free breakfasts consist of packaged honey buns and coffee, sometimes. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Dutchboy58
Reviewed May 2, 2006

My wife and daughter had an event in Charlottesville that required them staying over Saturday night. This was the only thing available under $200, and the reviews here made it sound passable.

I got a call from my wife that Saturday. They were sitting in the parking lot of this hotel, and didn't want to get out of the car. After doing some frantic searching I again confirmed it was the only choice in town.

Problems:
the parking lot is totall surrounded by a concrete wall with a tall link fence. Very early penitentiary look.
The guy working the reception desk was a total jerk. My wife hit the roof when this ~50 year idiot started flirting with my 15 year old daughter, trying to convince her to cancel her plans and go out with him that night.
Halls were dimly lit, worn.
The room was totally beat...badly worn out. We expected no amenities, but no alarm clock?
They were too weirded out to even try the breakfast in the morning...just got up and got the heck out of there.

If this was a $40 side-of-the-road motel it might have been one thing. But we paid $125, after making reservations 10 days ahead of time via Travelocity. This place was a joke at that rate.

good points:
1) At night the parking lot is lit up like a movie set. At least it isn't scary coming back. Of course the lights and the huge fence do make you wonder what they are worried about.

2) other folks staying there were perfectly OK. It seemed they were typical folks expecting something decent for $125. No problems there.

bottom line:
It will be a cold day in H*** before I book my wife or daughter into an Econolodge again.

Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Rockville_Lee
Reviewed April 16, 2006

I would never expect much out of an Econo Lodge or motels of this ilk and it met my expectations . . . in a good way.

It seemed as though the entire town of Charlottesville was booked up this weekend and I had a choice of this Econo Lodge and a Days Inn. I read many bad reviews regarding the Days Inn, particularly in reference to non-functioning AC and lack of cleanliness. So, I chose the Econo Lodge. This is a no frills motel and is moderately priced considering the competitors in the area.

- The motel is close to the 250 bypass, which allows easy access to all parts of Charlottesville. Plus it is on the outside of the bypass so u avoid any downtown traffic if u need to. The Friday afternoon traffic was pretty bad mainly due to the size of Charlottesville, the layout of the roads, and the abundance of stoplights.

- The room appears clean as long as you aren't running over your room with a blacklight. So . . . out of sight out of mind.

- The front desk help was very friendly. Though I had no specific requests outside of the check-in/check-out process.

- There are a decent amount of chain stores and restaraunts nearby. If you want something unique you can just hop in the car and take the 5 minute ride to the Downtown Mall area in historic downtown.

- The towels are your typical low-budget jobs. They are clean but bring your own towel unless u enjoy a thin scratchy towel that barely gets you dry.

- If you are coming from the West and take the 118B exit for 29N off I64, don't be fooled by the state sign for the Econo Lodge. There is another Econo Lodge that is closer to the center of town near UVA.

To sum things up I can be a bit picky about my hotel/motel accomodations but I at least want somewhere clean to sleep and shower. If I had a week to spend in Charlottesville, I would probably try to find nicer accomodations. However, for a one night stay with a clean bed and someplace to shower the Econo Lodge North fits the bill.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank coastal96
Reviewed September 5, 2005

First, there are multiple EconoLodges in Charlottesville. EconoLodge North is specifically the one on Holiday Rd., just off Emmett St N. August 29, 2005. Room 210. A perfectly serviceable representative of the chain. No pool. Cable TV. Phone. Large room. Large double bed with end table on each side. Nice work table and chair. Plenty of lighting. Bathroom has tub/shower and toilet. Sink with large surface area is just outside bathroom door. No separate closet, per se, but a place for hanging clothes near the entrance. The digital alarm clock had large enough numerals that even a very near-sighted person (like me) could read them without glasses. Priceline price of $57.49 inclusive. Close to the University and plenty of eating establishments nearby. Pleasant enough decor with standard thin carpeting (though no worn spots). No hair dryer, iron, or even bathroom shampoo as might be found in a fancier chain. But no complaints, and such a place should be fine for the traveller passing through, or even quite acceptable for multiple-day stays for the price. There was even a non-secured wireless Internet access with "Econo" as the ID that I was able to use. I'm suspicious this was not an un-heralded feature of the location; but rather an example of poor wireless security from the individual owner. I didn't ask... Mornings bring free coffee, orange juice, bread and jelly (and toaster access), and sweet rolls.

• Stayed: August 2005