All reviews room was clean aberdeen barn yard walk early flight responsive staff free continental breakfast overnight stay up to date easy access pinky uva cleanliness accommodations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Only upside of this place was it's close to the attractions. There were blood stains on one of the sheets, the shower didn't drain, mold was visible in the bathroom, and the wi-fi didn't work. The staff also left the curtains open after leaving the room, just in case anybody would like to see what was inside. I would say "cleaning staff" but I'm not sure what cleaning they do! Stay away unless you want the classic "dirty cheap motel" experience.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank VeganGeek
EconoLodgeNorth, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge North.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding room condition on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Hosekeeping Staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Charlottesville.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Econo Lodge is hidden behind a great local fav. steakhouse. Rooms were decent, helpful staff. Meets basic requirement. I will stay here again!! WiFi was fast with great signal strength. Will definitely recommend to someone looking for good value.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to writing a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first & last stay at the Econo Lodge brand. Being a loyal customer of all Choice Hotel brands, I was appalled when I walked into my room to find the floor hadn't been vacuumed, the beds were made, but dirty sheets were on the bed. I checked the room high and low before I would even bring my items in the room because I was afraid of bugs. The walls were paper thin, there were stains all over the floor & chairs of the room. I pulled the linens to find a spider in my sheets, hair all over my sheets & a stain on the pillow case. The staff was very unfriendly. The only positive thing about this motel was that the wi-fi worked correctly. I don't recommend this motel to anyone....not even my worst enemy

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TheComedian823

Dear Guest,

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Therefore, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience the above issue may have caused.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was here for 3 nights during an academic conference at UVA. The general manager was very kind and helpful, and happily changed my room to a renovated one which had a flat screen tv, large bathroom, great heat/ac, and was generally clean and comfortable( I would point out that the rooms in the back are older and not as nice.) There is free fast wifi, a little breakfast bar with fruit/instant oats/tea etc., and the staff are really happy to tell you how to get where you are going (they have maps). It was a 10 minute walk to campus, perfectly safe and on a main street.

I needed a copy of my receipt a month later (I had lost the original) and the GM kindly emailed it to me. I I think for an Econo Lodge this was a great stay and am happy to recommend it.

Room tip: rooms in front seem to be more modern but there are some bright lights at night
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This motel meets the basic requirements. Staff were friendly. Room was clean - bed comfortable. Wi-Fi was easy to sign in to and fast. Bath tub needed refinishing, but the water pressure was good and the shower worked fine. Not very sound proof, so recommend bringing earplugs or a small fan for white noise. Surprised there was no hair dryer, but we read ahead and brought ours with us. Set your expectations in line with what one should expect from a budget motel.

Date of stay: October 2012