All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfast isovernight staynon smokingflat screen tvfridge and microwavehotel roomuva
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The area around the inside of the room's entry door and light switch is so dirty, I actually used a washcloth to wipe it down. The door doesn't seal so light shines in all night. The carpet is filthy. My blanket has a hole in it. The tub bottom is so stained it looks gray. I don't think anyone has vacuumed behind the nightstand or bed in at least a year. There is a crack in the mirror - it's been repaired with duct tape! The only receptacle within phone-charger cord length is behind the bed. Had to pull out the bed to plug in my phone; that's when I saw the pile of dust. My room is on the first floor. When the person upstairs walks around their room, it sounds as though they're going to fall through the ceiling. I don't intend to open the frig or microwave, so can't comment.
Only positives, the air conditioning works and the desk clerk was polite. These, however, are not enough reasons to stay at this dump.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'm self employed so my business travel is always on a budget. Stayed at the Econo Lodge North for the first time last weekend, for a conference in Charlottesville. Almost all other hotels in town were either sold out or close to $200 per night, so I decided to take a chance at the Econo Lodge, which was $59. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. This hotel is older (1950s-1960s vintage) but my room was large, with a comfortable king bed, table, large TV and full size bathtub. The room was very clean and quiet. Hotel staff was friendly and attentive to my needs. I will definitely stay here again when in Charlottesville.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed one night at this Econo Lodge. The room was clean. The sheets smelled fresh. The bathroom was clean. The mattresses looked fairly new and were comfortable. There was soap, shampoo, lotion, enough towels, refrigerator, microwave, and, of course, a TV (which I didn't use). Thankfully, the towels were not threadbare, as often is the case with cheap hotels. The internet connection worked without a hitch.

The continental breakfast was decent. The bagels and muffins were fresh. Milk and half 'n half and half was available (instead of creamer), and the orange juice and coffee were ok. (No taste of old coffee.)

The downside: The weather was cold and there was a gap under the door. We rolled up the bathroom mat and placed it against the door. The carpet was so-so. (We never walk barefoot even on the cleanest looking carpet.) The shower valve didn't work properly. Half the water came down the faucet making the water from the shower head weak. My friend slept near the heater and complained that he felt like a draft from it all night. Like most hotels, all sorts of knobs and handles aren't clean.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel overlooks power lines. If that bothers you, ask for a room towards the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

WOW where to start it was all so bad. On a 3 day motorcycle ride stayed the night before at a great HoJo's in lexington for the exact same price and it was great dated but great. This was dirty, carpets showers beds wall furniture etc etc. The outside is dismal with new paint. The party upstairs went all night and we heard it had to turn on the ac unit just to cover it up. The desk staff needs to work on courses to interact with customers. If it costs a few bucks more to stay accross the street in one of the other hotels do it We sure will the next time we have to stay in this area. So if you stay be warned the next sound you will hear is the DIVE DIVE DIVE warning from a 60's sub movie.

Room Tip: at another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2011

2 out of 3 nights were acceptable, except for the general smelliness of the place. Noisy plumbing woke me up an hour before the alarm clock, and kept me awake. Stay away on college football weekends: even this far from campus, the kids were drinking and yelling until 3 am, in the motel, and up and down the street, and tossing footballs over cars in the parking lot. The staff were nice and professional, but I would not stay here again if I could find a budget room elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business