Boar's Head Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)
View Hotel
Excel Inn & Suites(Charlottesville)
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
Graduate Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
  • Restaurant
1,077 results
All reviewsold millsports clubbeautiful resorthunt clubthe main lodgetennis courtslake viewwalking trailsgrounds are lovelyour room was spaciouslong weekendfitness centercharlottesville areabistropropertysquashuva
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days for work. Traveling as a woman alone and arriving after dark, I was not happy to have to drive 2 blocks to my room and park in a dark parking lot and walk to my room building. My room was updated with new furniture, a large bathroom with walk-in shower, terry bathrobe, and updated TV. Each night there was a box with chocolates on my pillow, but I was disappointed that my sheets had holes in them, and would have expected that someone would have noticed. It was also strange that the hallways had dehumidifiers running on each floor, guess that is in response to previous reviews about the smell. My room also had a nice balcony with a table and chairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor so that you are not ground or below ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Everything was first class including the period décor, delicious brunch & dinner outside @ the Bistro, lovely landscaping, and pleasant employees throughout the establishment. We stayed in the main building and our room could not have been cleaner or more comfy. I especially loved all of the framed items in our room corresponding with UVA & Thomas Jefferson. We hopped the Boar's Head bus to take us into the football game which was indeed convenient. It was a fabulous way to celebrate my husband's birthday!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were really disappointed. We heard really good things about the Boar's Head and it just wasn't up to our standards. Frankly the last time I smelled a room that was this bad was in England. Perhaps the Boar's Head is striving to replicate 19th century America. Also the food was consistently cold and not particularly well prepared. The grounds are beautiful but the experience was not.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David M
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Lovely entrance to this hotel, quite old and quaint and surrounded by beautiful scenery. Out the back is an enormous lake which you are able to go for a lovely walk alongside. The bar has an outside seating area which is perfect for hot evenings. There is a seperate spa which also includes an outdoor adult only pool. This was very appealing but over the other side of the lake is an actual sports centre with a huge pool, gym, tennis courts and cafe. Also with outdoor seating. The room was lovely, very spacious and bright, overlooking the lake. The bed was enormous and so comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here but didnt eat in the restaurant or have breakfast Here. We ate out everyday. Would totally recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again. Very reasonably priced. Definately need a car here as it is quite remote but well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed there for one night recently as we were attending a concert in the area. The grounds were impressive, the staff and service were impeccable, and the room was beautiful. The only down side was the building we stayed in had dehumidifiers running in the hallways, which were much needed due to the noticeable musty smell. We did not make a big deal out of this, because we knew our time in the room would be limited. We enjoyed the accomodations, the restaurants in the area, and the concert venue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends