We are writing this review on the last night of our stay and feel most disapointed with lots of small things that you would not expect from a Hotel which we thought had a good reputation. I will give you a few examples;
1. The Bed not made properly.
2. Had to phone down to reception each night as the Shampoo in the Bathroom was never replaced until we complained.
3. Toilet paper not replaced.
4. Breakfast was expensive and very basic. You get a far better Breakfast at any chain hotel.
5. Room a long way from the lift with no offer of any help with our bags.
6. Reception had little idea on Local Attractions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boar's Head is a quintessential Virginia resort, offering a warm, intimate ambiance, exceptional service and unparalleled Southern hospitality. Located on a bucolic 573-acre country estate, our AAA Four Diamond resort offers 175 guest rooms and suites, Four Diamond dining in the Old Mill Room, a wide variety of world class recreational activities, spa and 22,000 square feet of meeting facilities for groups of 20 to 630. Owned and operated by the University of Virginia Foundation, Boar's Head is just minutes from the University of Virginia that was founded by Thomas Jefferson, only two hours from Washington, D.C., And at the foot of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Boar's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boar`s Head Hotel Charlottesville
- Boars Head Hotel
- Boars Head Charlottesville
- Boars Head Inn Charlottesville Va