We are regulars who have visited the BHI many times. My husband and I returned to the resort this past weekend, our first visit of the year, and have already booked our next visit. The refurbished rooms are wonderful! The new decor makes them seem light, airy, and even more spacious than they were before. It is amazing how they made those small bathrooms feel larger by turning the bathroom floorplan sideways, installing a large shower, and moving the access door. The beds are still comfortable and the room seating is enhanced by a bench at the foot of the bed. I used both the outdoor lap and the adult pools, and had a chance to take a shower in the Sports Club. What a nice facility! We found the grounds of the property especially tidy: just love those huge trees! The Bistro was great for a burger and beer on Friday night, after a long travel day.
Not everything was perfect so I'd give the BHI a 4.5-star rating (if I could) instead of 5 stars: the light bulbs in the room were hard to read by; there was already a large stain on the carepet beside the bed; room service was swamped on Saturday morning, so we had to call the front desk and wait a bit for our breakfast to arrive at the room. When it did, it was delicious, as usual. The flat-screen TV in the room was a welcomed change, but they might have upgraded to a bit of a larger size. We were glad they kept the 4-cup, in-room coffee pots, but the in-room tiny refrig had seen better days. Maybe some replacements for them are in order.
Overall, however, we totally enjoyed our stay! The afternoon teas and Sunday breakfast buffet were excellent, as usual, and we loved walking around the little pond each evening. So glad to see that an 'old friend' has finally gained a new look! We look forward to our next visit at the BHI !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boar's Head is a quintessential Virginia resort, offering a warm, intimate ambiance, exceptional service and unparalleled Southern hospitality. Located on a bucolic 573-acre country estate, our AAA Four Diamond resort offers 175 guest rooms and suites, Four Diamond dining in the Old Mill Room, a wide variety of world class recreational activities, spa and 22,000 square feet of meeting facilities for groups of 20 to 630. Owned and operated by the University of Virginia Foundation, Boar's Head is just minutes from the University of Virginia that was founded by Thomas Jefferson, only two hours from Washington, D.C., And at the foot of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Boar's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boar`s Head Hotel Charlottesville
- Boars Head Hotel
- Boars Head Charlottesville
- Boars Head Inn Charlottesville Va