I stayed in Room #6 which is absolutely beautiful - very spacious with a four-poster bed, fire place, etc - everything one could hope for in a Southern inn! The continental breakfast was delicious, and having cookies and fruit available 24/7 was a lovely touch. The reason for my title re their excellent customer service is because I was originally placed in Room #4, which honestly gave me the creeps for some reason - I was afraid that tripadvisor had steered me wrong for the first time ever. It’s on the ground floor, next to the exit door, with dirty casement windows and a horrific tartan plaid carpet - the only thing nice about it was the Waverly pattern shower curtain. My gut went into a knot and red flags went off all over the place. I’m NOT a complainer at all and I feel totally comfortable traveling by myself, but I just couldn’t stay in that room. I was ready to head out to a "hotel-no-tell" if I had to - that’s how intense my fight-or-flight instinct was. I went upstairs to the front desk and asked if they possibly had another room available and when they showed me Room #6, I almost cried for joy! However, it was more expensive than Room #4, but I guess since they could tell I was so freaked out, they gave me a discount, so it didn’t end up being too much more. In the morning, I spoke with the owner re my concerns about Room #4 and she was over-the-top understanding and receptive of my suggestions on how to improve the room. In conclusion, I HIGHLY recommend the 200 South Street Inn. I enjoyed the rest of my visit - ditto on all the rest of the reviews!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville