“Great Little Restaurant”
Review of Mimmo's Restaurant

Mimmo's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 19, 2013

When I left the Washington DC area after working there for 20 years and moved back to rural Virginia to live near my family, I knew I would miss all the restaurant choices in the big city. I was so happy when I discovered that small Charlotte Court House has such a wondeful little restaurant. You expect out here maybe basic pizza and spaghetti but this little place offers much more. I have told them that I have eaten in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington, DC and still their spinach ravioli is the best I have ever had! Their white pizza is fantastic. The salads are huge and if you get a dinner size, it is beyond huge with lots of wonderful ingredients. The chicken wrap is my favorite sandwich. After working all week, I look forward to at least one trip on the weekend to Mimmos!

1  Thank Postscript

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Food is delicious and comes in substantial quantities to satisfy the largest appetite and most astute pallet!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by on our way home from the lake. Service was great, food was good and the value for the money was terrific.
Casual atmosphere, well round menu with many daily specials. Would definitely stop in again.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ate at Mimmo's tonight on my husband's recommendation, on our way through from Richmond to Brookneal, Virginia..
He had been there before and spoke highly of the cleanliness of the place and their amazing pizza.

We both ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce, which comes with a salad and garlic bread.
The salads were huge and delicious.
When our spaghetti came I took some of the shredded cheese from my salad and sprinkled it on the spaghetti sauce and then started mixing up my spaghetti and cutting it up.
It looked delicious!
I took a big bite and UGH!
It was barely warm at all, hardly even luke warm.
This has never happened to me before in a restaurant, ever.
How do you cook spaghetti barely warm???
Oh well, smile and move on, all things are salvageable in the end... :)
I chose to finish my salad and wait for our server, Kimberly, and ask her to bring me a take out box so that I could take my meal home and heat it up properly to eat it.
Hubby ate half of his and then we waited and waited for Kimberly to return.
She was busy sitting at a table near the front, with her fellow servers, looking at stuff on her cell phone and too busy chatting with them to check on us.
In plain view. With management watching.
Finally, I got up to go find take out boxes and ran into her.
She asked if we wanted take out boxes and then she brought them to our table.
Not once did she ask if our spaghetti was all right, or I would have told her the problem.
When meals are uneaten, there is a problem, folks.
We got our check, paid and got out of there.

Let me say, there are tons of little Italian eateries in rural Virginia towns and I have never seen one so clean, with such pleasing decor. Props for that.
But restaurants are in the business to cook and serve tasty food at the appropriate temperature.
And tonight Mimmo's failed on that account.
Most restaurants make a point of asking "how was your meal?"
Had I been asked I would have said "It was COLD and I wish I could eat it but I just can't eat cold spaghetti."
And so I write this review hoping that the management of Mimmo's is paying attention.
I would want to know if this was my restaurant.
I guess we should have ordered the pizza- at least then you know it was cooked fresh, right out of the oven,

1  Thank JT_1837
Reviewed July 9, 2011

While traveling for pleasure in the area my wife and I stumbled upon this restaurant in Charlotte Court House, Virginia. The town is know for its courthouse, the only one that Thomas Jefferson designed. It was past lunch time and we saw Mimmo's along the road and turned around and went back. What a good decision that was.

Mimmo's turned out to be a real find as the food was terrific. We were in a pizza mode and ordered , a veggie pizza. The pizza was piping hot, freshly made dough and fresh vegetables went into the toppings. What a delight! One of the best pizzas I have ever had. We had a server that was prompt to refill our glasses and to offer tidbits about the area. Mimmo's has been in business since 1997 in this small town of approximately 400 folks and is one of the best places to eat in the area. We spoke to a couple of other customers and they echoed our views of the place, one couple said they eat there at least twice a week.

Out of the way maybe, but if you are within 25 miles it is worth the side trip to savor Mimmo's tasty offerings.