“Not worth it”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow. Thought I would give my daughter and wife a special treat after dropping off my middlest daughter at Dulles Airport for an early international flight. Looked up breakfast restaurants around Dulles and, based on the first five reviews or so, decided to go to Eggspectation. Nice décor -- whisk door handles pretty cool; brick walls and pictures, nice. Food -- wow how can they get this so wrong.

The coffee was overly acidic and flat. The hot chocolate? Powder mix in hot water with some whipped cream and chocolate nibs on top. Powder wasn't completely mixed and it was so weak tasting (even after mixing) that my daughter didn't even drink it.

We got some of their specialty breakfasts -- eggs and pancakes, bagel and eggs, waffle benedict. The pancakes were rubbery, the eggs overcooked, the bacon seemed to be from a previous day -- just reheated. The bagel --- tasteless and unappetizing. The waffles were OK, but the syrup was not 100% maple.

All in all, pretty yechy and all of this for $50 (including tip).

Not worth it.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been to Eggspectation a few times for breakfast, never for dinner. Using our Groupon, we went and got Chicken al Limone and Southwestern Benedict. The food has never disappointed at Eggspectation and was another great meal. Other times we've had their deviled eggs (w/ bacon and candied pecans), Strawberry French Toast, Waffles, Chocolate Chip Pancakes, etc. The only downside is the seemingly high cost. $17 for breakfast entrees make us go less than we'd like to. Same with their OJ - great but very expensive for a small glass. Atmosphere is fine, when it's busy the place can get loud since it's a big open room and not the most comfortable chairs or booths but we go for the food. Service is never exceptional, but never bad.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Obviously you can get egg dishes all day, but they do a good job on salads, sandwiches, and burgers as well. My favorite salad is the Avocado Grilled Chicken, but the Tropical Chicken is also yummy. Can recommend the French Dip sandwich and the Western Omelette. Good choice of desserts as well, and the staf has always been friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Maybe I'm just not a big egg fan. My husband had the eggs benedict and enjoyed it and I had the huevos rancheros. It was good. It wasn't the 'be all, end all' but it was good. My biggest problem is with the price. $13.50 for a couple of eggs 'done up'. Now, I suppose if it had been the best huevos rancheros I'd ever had, maybe.... This place just wasn't my cup of tea. My husband on the other hand loved his eggs...and he does love eggs. As with any restaurant, the food is very subjective. If you like eggs, and egg type things than you should probably give it a try.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

food is mediocre at best, and the service is usually really bad. Happy Hour is overly hyped-the drinks on the list are restricted, and you have to ask for any of the "free" foods that are supposed to be part of the deal.