“Three Strikes and you're OUT!!!”
Review of Eggspectation

Eggspectation
Ranked #5 of 154 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Centreville, Virginia
“Three Strikes and you're OUT!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our third trip to Eggspectation, Chantilly, VA. Each time we ordered eggs and each time they asked how we wanted them cooked. Each time we said over-medium. Now with a name like "Eggspectation" we would all expect that cooking eggs would be their specialty, and we have a realistic expectation that they are good at cooking eggs - right?. No, not quite!!! Each time the eggs have come to the table undercooked. The whites of the eggs are not firm, but are runny, wet and watery...almost a perfect over-easy. The toast was cooked too soon and each of the three times the toast came out cold. Hey.... coffee was good!!! Really wish they had a better internal review system so incorrectly prepared meals would not be delivered to the table. Sure, they offered to re-cook the eggs, and the waiter agreed that they were runny and undercooked. Maybe they should invest in egg cooking training for the breakfast-time egg cook. We will not go back.. three strikes and Eggspectation is OUT!!!

• Visited August 2012

Washington DC
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great omelette combinations and great service. Overall not as good as the one in Montreal, but a good anytime meal experience

Raleigh, NC
“Crazy Busy on Saturday Morning”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very busy, but service was very good. The food was promptly served and it was hot when delivered. Tons of egg dishes (Duh!) and the coffee was good, too. Well worth the trip!

Visited August 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“great salads and kid friendly”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Took son and wife to eggspectations yesterday for late lunch. We all had salads and they were great. I had avocado chicken, husband had eggspectations salad - a chef - daughter-in-law had berry chicken salad. Impressed with the service - grandson's mac and cheese came first and made him and us very happy. This is a noisy place thus, very kid friendly. Feel free to bring the toddlers -they can be loud and it wont annoy anyone.

• Visited August 2012
Virginia
“Great idea -- quality of service and food can be improved”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant twice in the past 3 months. The first time was lunch with my workplace team. The food was good, and the waiter was able to adjust one dish for my solo for dinner. I ate at the bar. I had several concerns. Papers and napkins at the counter next to me weren't removed throughout my dinner. I was waited on by 2 young women who were cleaning/setting up and waiting on personnel. I ordered a beer. After a long wait, I asked them what the holdup was. They got a waiter to bring my beer. I ordered the chicken pasta with lemon. Although good, one part of the chicken looked undercooked -- so I didn't eat that part. The dish was under=seasoned. Not enough lemon, nor herbs/spices. Nobody checked on me while I was eating. There were many restaurant personnel milling around talking and laughing. My overall impression was that nobody cared about making my meal an enjoyable experience. A manager was nearby but he made no attempt to speak with me. On the good side, there was a musician playing in the bar who was very good. Overall, I think they need to work on service and consistency.

• Visited July 2012