“Nice for the Price”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Medina, OH
“Nice for the Price”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights over Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Rooms were VERY NICE and CLEAN, remodeling just completed in rooms while breakfast room (fireplace) and finishing touches in process. Got great last minute price for 3 nights($48/rm) and midnight shift desk manager, Naciair(?) was very helpful on phone. During stay, front desk managers not as helpful, especially one I think named Paula who had excuse not to help for everything, but got what we needed. Immediate area is loaded with resturaunt choices, with even more options 4 miles away at Mall. Suprisingly my kids never used pool, but it looked nice. Breakfast was OK, especially for free. Lobby internet easy to use.

We took kids to DC using the free hotel shuttle to Dulles airport, then Metro BUS from Dulles took us right into DC. Nice not to fight traffic and parking but with 5 probably paid just as much ($3.10/ea/trip)

Overall: got great clean room and amenities I needed for great price

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My husband & I stayed at your hotel Monday night and I wanted to say thank you for the great experience. I was in the area on business and he was along for the ride. Unfortunately he had hurt his back a few days ago and felt horrible after the ride in from Pittsburgh Monday evening. Your front desk staff allowed a late checkout on Tuesday so he could rest. The bed was very comfortable, the hot tub was great for him, and the room was clean & spacious. Even though there were signs about "Excuse us while we remodel", the entire hotel was clean & well kept during renovation. The breakfast was plentiful. My husband & I are both small business owners so we have a tendency to pay attention to the "little things" that count. I know all too well what it is like to have a customer who complains and how refreshing it is to recieve a kind word on a job well done. Everyone is always quick to find fault & express negative opinions so I think it is only fair when something meets or exceeds our expectations that we take the time to say thank you. We come into the area once a year for a two day convention and the exhibiting firm books rooms at several local hotels. I will be certain to request Wingate next year. Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We just stayed at this hotel Fri Oct 9th. It was a nice get away from the kids for us. The room was nicely decorated and clean. They let me have an early check-in. I reserved on priceline and waited until about 3 days before so the price went down. It was a great deal. But the reason I chose this particular hotel was because they advertised a heated whirlpool and pool. The whirlpool worked but the heater in the pool was out. If I had known this (they didn't even tell me when I checked in) I would have picked another hotel. The pool was VERY cold. They advertise a "hot breakfast". The breakfast is basically a continental but with a waffle maker. Other than the unheated pool and uninspiring "hot breakfast", the hotel was nice. I am glad I waited and got the better deal. It was not worth the full price!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I checked into this hotel last Tuesday and the hotel was terrible. Air conditioner didn't work and every time I came to the front desk, I was interupting their cigeratte break. Breakfast was bland and hotel was dark. Not friendly or welcoming. They had a board in the lobby that showed some time of furniture change coming, but it can't come fast enough

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank marksamuels
Pa.
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Stayed here in June the front desk guy was rude to begin with and it was all down hill from there. Tried again this weekend forget it same experience...rude staff....god help you if you don't hang your DND sign they start cleaning at 7 am on weekends.Never again!Don't stay there period.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dcmuseumlover
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Stayed here two nights while in town for a family birthday celebration. Location was excellent with several restaurants and shops nearby. Easy access to VA-28 and Dulles airport. Plenty of on-site, free parking. Lobby and common areas appeared clean and well kept. Staff were friendly. Nice sized room with king bed and a sofabed. Room was clean and in good condition as well. Bed firmer than one at home but still comfortable. Pillows were lumpy however. Fridge and microwave in room and clean. TV (not flat panel style) had limited selection of channels. Breakfast offered basic selections typical of hotels at this level but the offerings seemed a bit sparse. Overall good experience and would consider staying here again. Priceline offered a great price of just under $70 per night with taxes and fees.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I stayed for nearly a week in January, 2009 while I was attending a conference in a nearby city. The staff was very courteous and the continental breakfast was ample. My room was always clean and the hotel was conveniently located to several traffic arteries. It also has a indoor pool, which I liked. Good stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business