Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewslonghorn steakhousedulles airportroom was cleanpark and flybob evanschantilly dullesmicrowave and fridgefree breakfasthot tubwill stay there againan early flightvery nice hotelnext morningexcellent stayindoor poolwafflesminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We enjoyed our room 4 nights at the wingate, breakfast was the usual items but it was closed down at 9:30am. When on vacation I prefer to sleep in..it was just too early for me. We were allowed to bring food to the room it had a mini frig and microwave. It was very convenient area if you were there on business. We drove to DC everyday for sightseeing and the traffic was pretty bad due to all the construction. It took us around 30 minutes going into DC and at least an hour to get back in traffic. But I would stay again for the price and the ammenities.

1  Thank judybh3ah
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I've seen Wingate on several search engines and was always afraid to book because their prices were very reasonable in comparison to other hotels in the same vicinity. We chose to stay there the night before a flight. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and well cleaned. The morning breakfast (included in the stay) was sufficient. Overall, a very nice experience. Don't let the price fool you...it's just as nice as the more expensive alternatives in the same vicinity.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. The Wingate by Wyndham brand strives to offer the best accomodations and complimentary ammenities at a reasonable and fair price.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I would have given this place 3 stars because it appears to be the cheapest hotel in the area. You get a lot of value for your money, but some of the inconveniences aren't worth the value. First, I'm writing this while listening to the guy next door snore. The walls must be so thin here that he sounds as if he's in the room with me. I can also hear people having normally voiced conversations in the hallway as if they were sitting right next to me. At 2am, after driving 5 hours to get here and working a full day, it's not the rest I was hoping for.

Second, there is no room service. This is usually a not a big deal because most hotels will give you a list of nearby places that will deliver. Unfortunately this hotel does not, so I was stuck doing my own research on the internet. There are some places within walking distance, but the food is alright at best.

The rooms are large and the wifi works, but when I stay for business I expect a decent level of quiet and food that's easy to get access to. I work a lot of hours when on travel, so maybe if I was staying here for pleasure and had more time to customize my stay I'd have given it a higher rating.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tshaffery
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We spent our entire stay here with our two children. Very happy with the location approximately 22 miles from DC. Only 5 minutes to Dulles Airport. Although we didn't use it, the hotel does have a airport shuttle available. We ate breakfast here every morning. Very pleased. Scrambled eggs offered everyday, make your own waffles, a variety of bagel, muffins, bisquits, cereal, yogurt, juices, fresh fruit, coffee. Alternated offering sausage and hashbrowns. Front desk, Brian, was very helpful in accommodating us to a room with two beds upon arrival, instead of the king/sofa sleeper that had been reserved. Very clean room with refrigerator and microwave. Came in handy for snacks and beverages during our stay. 10 minutes from the Vienna Station to ride the Metro which we used four days out of the week for commuting into DC. Highly recommend taking the Metro instead of driving into DC. Tons of traffic. Especially mid-week. Only disappointment was during our stay the pool was closed until further notice. We were told due to a change in ordinance? Check with hotel prior to stay to see if reopened. Very disappointed but did not affect our stay overall. Very happy with our stay. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face front parking lot.
1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed February 22, 2012

First the good: Value and location. You're not going to find a decent hotel in this area priced this reasonably. If you take back roads, you can make it to Reston/Herndon in 20 minutes during rush hour. There are good restaurants very close (Baja Fresh and a Japanese hibachi restaurant across the street, Santini's New York deli 3 minutes walking is good, and Willard's BBQ is 5 minute drive and is the best BBQ in Washington metro area--although Hill Country BBQ in downtown is also great but so expensive).

Now the bad: The beds are uncommonly soft and saggy. Second, the service is inconsistent. The young Hispanic woman working the front desk is very friendly/helpful, however the older Anglo man could use some personality training. I asked him for a microwave-safe plate one evening and he grumbled and then snapped at me about what size I wanted.

The biggest complaint I have came after check-out. As I was carrying my luggage out I noticed my phone charger on the desk. With my hands full, I thought to myself 'I'll come right back up and grab it.' Of course, by the time I got downstairs I had forgotten about it. I called the front desk later and spoke to someone who said they would call me back within 2 hours. They never called. I called a second time and the young man said they didn't have a phone charger in the lost and found and then tried to rush me off the phone. Although this is really my fault, it would be nice if the hotel staff were properly trained to retain items left behind by patrons instead of throwing items out (or doing Lord knows what with them).

Fitness room is small and sparsely equipped; indoor pool is too small for lap swimming, but seems okay for an evening dip.

Overall, this is a decent property, but not an amazing one.

Room Tip: Higher floors seems to be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for Choosing the Wingate by Wyndham. Your comments are very important to us. you help make us better. Hope to see you again in your Travels.