“Great Business Class Motel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South

Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Great Business Class Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We checked in after the massive power outages in the Washington area following the June 29th storms. This was one of the few properties available in Fairfax County that still had power and that accepted pets. As a result, it was completely full (something that I suspect is rare for an airport hotel on a Saturday) and they were turning people away when we checked in. Nonetheless, the service was attentive and polite and the room was immaculate, something that is the norm with Marriott brands. The breakfast on Sunday morning was quite a pleasant surprise for a buffet in a business-class hotel. And although the dining room was packed with guests, they kept the buffet well-stocked. I'm not sure how they accomplished that since they couldn't possibly have been expecting a sold-out crowd over a weekend. Despite the shortage of hotels, they extended our initial two-night reservation indefinitely and told us that we could check out without penalty whenever our power got restored at home. They did charge us a $100 cleaning fee for our pet, but we knew about that in advance and would have paid twice that to rescue our animal from a home with no AC in 110-degree heat indices. They even gave us a tag to put on our room door to alert the housekeeping staff that a pet was in the room. Over 3.5 million homes without power in a record-breaking heat wave and Marriott got us through it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Business_TravelerFFX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have friends and business contacts in the area so we have used this hotel frequently over the past few months. It's location is excellent, not far from Dulles airport. Several restaurants and shops within walking distance. Easy access to many of the business in the Dulles Corridor.

Staff is friendly and helpful. They are willing to work with you for late checkout and storage of valuables in the safe deposit boxes they have behind the front desk. Rooms are clean and
well maintained. Beyond that it's what you would expect from a Marriott.

Our only complaint would be that it can be a bit pricey!

Verdict: check it out and see if our can get a good deal!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I would have to start by saying that the housekeeping at this Chantilly Location do an outstanding job of keeping the rooms fresh and completely clean. The toilet and tub were brand new and completely clean, including the fixtures in the eat in kitchen that were in mint condition. The linens and draperies were beautiful and the HD TV had an excellent picture quality. Dulles Airport nearby was a bit noisy but bearable and did not interfere with the quality of my stay. I rated Residence Inn with four stars instead of five because the aweful bed left my back aching all week. My wife and I fought all night over the tiny sheet we shared. The pillows felt like they were filled with feathers and I had to stack about three of them around my head just to get any rest. The AC unit was irritating and hard to adjust the temperature, leaving me to cut off the AC several times. The gym was too small and the temperature in room was set for 76 degrees and I could not get the window open to air it out. With more than three people squeezed in the gym room it felt like a sauna! The breakfast was reasonable but the free dinner was not up to par. The staff were all friendly and helpful Overall my stay was pleasant but the beds and pillows are not good if you have disk or back trouble.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank keith_r6
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Room was comfortable and nicely appointed. Breakfast and dinner were provided each day I was there. Meals were ok but not great. Staff was very accomodating and friendly. Hotel location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. Internet was free and fast. Overall, very nice property.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room that was convenient
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel is very nice. It features large clean rooms and has absolutely no airport noise. A fully stocked kitchen, a large living room and a comfortable bed are part of the package. Free breakfast (every day) and dinner (weekdays) in the lobby lounge are also included. The free Internet works well and is fast. I highly recommend this property

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Hkloban
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I had previously stayed at the Residence Inn in Fair Lakes, VA but my last visit was disappointing (rattling vents, broken appliances). This Residence Inn in Chantilly is 10x better and is only 5 miles further down the road. Everything from the breakfast, free newspapers, free wireless and more up-to-date rooms impressed me. They were very accommodating, allowing me to add a day at the same discounted rate. This hotel was less busy too, which cut back on hallway noise. It's convenient to routes 50 and 28, so it's easy to get around. Target and Costco are just across the street, which was an added bonus for me. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: First floor somewhere in the middle seems quieter for me.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeff F
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

As a frequent business and leisure traveler, I have become...a little picky. After flying international and domestic flights that cramp your neck and make skies unfriendly, it is always nice to find an airport hotel or business hotel that wraps you in comfort. As far as Residence Inns go, this was one of the best! I got a studio room and it was very spacious. There was plenty of room to spread out, free wifi which I love and can't be without! The front office was so incredibly wonderful. I had just flown over 14 hours and needed to collapse and shower...typically, a hotel will never have a room read early in the morning and I have had to wait asleep on many benches. I was overcome with gratitude when they let me into my clean and perfect room. No moldy curtain smell, no hairs in the bed...all was in perfect order. What a pleasant surprise. I got theAAA rate of $71 plus tax. Best deal I have had in over two years of traveling. It is located in the 28 dulls shopping center so there was plenty nearby in walking distance, too. Great location and great price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business