We selected this hotel for severel reasons.
1. Had a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen
2. Was close to Washington, DC
3. Have stayed with Residence Inn before.
1. This hotel was actually very nice. Some reviews had mentioned it was only ok, but our room seemed practically new. The 2 bedroom suite had bedrooms on the outside and the living room and kitchen in between. There was also a sofa bed and we had a rollaway brought in so that all 6 of us would be in a bed. No problems with any of that. Refigerator had an icemaker, kitchen had dishwasher, etc. Would have liked to have laundry, but it was available on the 4th floor for $1.50 per load which is not completely unreasonable. While we could have cooked our own breakfast, we did go to the provided breakfast everyday. They had cooked eggs, a waffle maker, cereal, fruit, juice, and then each day a change such as one day there was french toast, another had potatos and biscuits and gravy, etc. Actually very nice considering the price was $0! I'm sure I saved a lot of money (and time) eating there over going out each day with 6 people. For the room, at night could hear a little plumbing noise from upstairs, but discovered closing the bathroom door seemed to eliminate this. No problem getting on the "FREE" internet in my room.
Next, it was close to Washington, DC. Dare I say close because its only a matter of miles to the city, but there is terrible road construction on the highway going in and out of the city. On a Thursday night it took almost 2 hours to get to the Washinton Monument. However, the traffic seems to be hit and miss. Instead, we went to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro station which was about 5 miles away and rode in each day. The cost is about $9 per ticket and parking during the week is $4.50 per day. Well worth it considering there was very little parking in the city and very confusing parking signs. If you are doing the tourist attractions, just ride the Metro in, you will be glad you did. Plan to walk a lot, also take your lunch and bottled water in a backpack if you are on a budget because it is quite pricy to eat inside the tourist attractions. Your bag will be searched every time you go in a building. Forgot to mention this hotel is right across from a Target that sells groceries and a Costco. There is a Red Robin and BBQ place in the parking lot. Ate at the BBQ place and it was good ribs & chicken.
Good friendly staff that smiled each time we came through the lobby. A basketball was provided upon request for the basketball court and the pool was open until 8pm each night. Apparently there must be a lifeguard on duty. The hot tub was VERY HOT, but felt great after a day of walking. If you can not afford to be right in the city, then this is a good alternative. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South is conveniently located just minutes from Washington Dulles International Airport, the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center and Avion Parkway. Guest suites include a full kitchen, separate living area and a pull-out sofa for extra sleeping space. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, free internet access, weekly social hours and grocery shopping service at this Chantilly IAD Airport hotel. Stay in shape while visiting our Chantilly hotel’s fitness center, or relax by the outdoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dulles South Hotel Chantilly
- Residence Inn Chantilly
- Chantilly Residence Inn