“Best Hotel I've Ever Stayed At” 5 of 5 stars

Book Direct and Save
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Best Hotel I've Ever Stayed At”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels before, and they're great, but as far as what you get for the money, you cannot beat this hotel. Firstly, the staff is absolutely the best, especially Carl and Fredy. The breakfasts are the best hotel breakfasts I've ever seen, and they're free! The social gatherings at night (with dinner included) are also fantastic. Free beer, free food, and lots of friendly people. The rooms are also fantastic. My room was extremely clean throughout my stay and the bed was fantastic. The kitchen is well stocked with dishes/glasses/silverware and the refrigerator is plenty large for however long your stay is (mine was 5 weeks). The shuttle service is fantastic, but the property is also within walking distance of many restaurants in the nearby shopping centers. The only possible drawback is if you are planning on going to DC, you have to either use the shuttle or some other means to get a ride to the nearest metro station in Vienna. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough as my experience here hasn't come close to being matched anywhere else in the world.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alex B
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
It was our pleasure to be able to host you at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax for your extended stay. It is good to see that you took advantage of all the things our hotel has to offer guests that are in the Washington DC area for long term stay. I'm truly happy that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to write such a nice review to let others know about your experience. I hope that you can come back soon to stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I spent 5 nights here due to a business trip. The room was comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. Having the kitchen in the room was really nice for nights I didn't feel like going out to eat. The breakfast was your standard hotel buffet type fair. They had dinner nights that a coworker told me were pretty good, although I did not make it to either of the two that they held during my stay.

Based on my experience, I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pdxray
Thanks for taking the time to let others know about your experience here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay. Your co-worker is right - our Social's are quite the popular time and the free beer never hurts :-)

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel sometime soon.
brooklyn, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night with out three month old and two year old. I reserved a crib which was in our room. The bedding on the crib was extremely loose and I would have been very nervous about my baby sleeping in it. Fortunately I brought a spare travel crib sheet which fit on the crib mattress perfectly. I had called on Thursday to ensure all was well with my reservation. Knowing the astounding amount of stuff we would need for both of our babies, I wanted to make sure our room had easy access for unloading. After speaking with Freddy I believe I was told our room was on the first floor close to both an entrance and the elevator. When we checked in we were on the third floor close to neither an entrance nor the elevator. That would have been ok but starting at one in the morning and going on for hours after that the room above us stomped around. I got no sleep and despite a white noise machine I brougt for my two year old, he cried out a couple times too. The room was clean and the staff was nice but I got no sleep and that is the only reason we stayed here...a place to lay our heads. I get very little sleep these days as a mom of two under two and if anything or anyone other than my kids is keeping me up I get extrememly upset. Particularly in this case since I had called ahead to discuss our room location and didn't get the room we discussed. Very disappointed I paid money to be up all night.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jmuamy
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. It is always our goal for each and every one our guests to experience a stay that meets, and even exceeds, their expectations. Obviously that did not occur in your instance. We always try to meet room location requests to the best of our ability. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances we are not able to. Unfortunately that is what occurred in this instance. We do not expect you to pay for something everyone deserves (a good nights sleep). Please contact myself or Jennifer Cooper so that we can make amends. Once more, I am very sorry, that we did not meet your expectations. I look forward to talking to you soon.
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites, Chantilly, recently and it was our first Staybridge experience and for hotel accommodation we absolutely loved.

We had a two roomed suite, very reasonably priced, and loved the space and cooking / cleaning facilities provided.

We stay in a number of hotels each year and the Staybridge formula of making more domestic facilities for cooking, cleaning and washing / drying available, you can use them or not - your choice, very refreshing. Having to go out each night to eat and having to make special sometimes costly arrangements for clothes to be cleaned can become a headache but our recent Staybridge experience took all of these issues away and we loved the added flexibility and choice we had.

The included breakfast each morning was great, good quality and great choice and a few evenings each week, Tues - Friday, I think, the hotel ran social evenings where guests are offered complimentary dinner / beer. Our stay included a Friday and so we were offered 'build your own sandwich' which included a wide variety of breads, meats, salads and deserts. Great idea which clearly worked with a great social atmosphere resulting.

The Staybridge experience is slightly different to a standard hotel approach where overall more home facilities are made available at usually no or little extra cost. The hotel also has a different approach to room cleaning which was fine for us as well. Each weekday your room is given a 'light' clean and bed remake only. At the weekend no cleaning service is carried out on your room unless you request it and then obviously a full clean is carried out at the end of your stay and this worked great for us.

Outside of breakfast each morning and the social evenings 4 nights a week the hotel didn't offer either a bar or restaurant service. However within very easy walking both were available outside along with numerous delivery services and we did have cooking and fridge / freezer facilities in our room but if you're looking for a hotel with a bar and restaurant you could use each night of you stay then this wouldn't work for you.

We loved the refreshing more flexible approach to hotel living and would definitely seek out a Staybridge on our next travels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Valencian's
I am so happy to hear that enjoyed your stay with the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. The detail in your review is great and really shares the true experience that we strive for every guest experience here at the hotel. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I hope that your travels allow you to stay with us sometime again soon.
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My initial plan was to stay at the Staybridge Suites-Herndon, but this quickly became an issue when their internet was down for 3 days, and I needed it to work. I was complaining about this to my waitress at a local restaurant when the manager overheard me, and said hey wait a minute. He then brought Mr Carl Brown, The assistant General Manager of Staybridge Suites-Chantilly, who discussed my situation. He promptly apologized for the Staybridge, and agreed to honor my rate for the other hotel, just so I wouldn't have a bad opinion of the Staybridge chain. I moved the next day, and the friendliness of the staff and quality of the rooms was exponentially better.The Tuesday social hour was a much needed break after a long day at work, and I look forward to it tomorrow!

Room Tip: If you stay in the 130s rooms, be sure to park on the right side of the hotel, and enter through the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JJ_366
I really appreciate you sharing your feedback about your experience with the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. It was, indeed, my pleasure to help you out and make sure that your opinion of our brand stays positive. I'm happy to see that the remainder of your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Merton Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel. It is extremely well run. The property was clean overall. The staff was friendly and helpful (Carl at front desk was great). The breakfast included many items. The night buffet was actually filling for our family. One added benefit was the free laundry facilities (bring your own detergent).

The only negative was the indoor pool was off-site at a sister hotel. Other than that, a truly 5-star operation.

Room Tip: We chose the room with two bedrooms plus a living space. A wonderful option for a family of five.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 550LindaD550
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was my pleasure to help you at the Front Desk! Our pool situation is a little unique but I'm glad that it didn't disrupt your stay too much. Our tow bedroom/two bathroom suites do provide the perfect space for a family like yours. We hope to see you again soon.
Milwaukee,Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Recently spent a four day weekend at the Staybridge Suites in Chantilly and were very impressed by the suites, staff, location and extras included with our stay. We were greeted by Freddy at the front desk who was always incredibly helpful and friendly (someone give that man a raise!). He arranged for a nice crib for our toddler and gave us great tips everyday. Comfortable bed and pillows and very clean rooms with nicely equipped kitchenette. Thick walls, never heard any neighbors or hallway noise, slept very soundly. Ample parking, gym, laundry, Wi-Fi, huge breakfast, social hours and even a dinner or two all included free with your stay. Nice location, very suburban, strip malls, Target, grocery, restaurants all just literally down the street. 10 mins from Dulles Airport and 40 minutes from Washington DC. Spent a nice day trip in DC, easy commute. Had a great dinner in Reston, VA (about 15 mins away) at Vapiano, unique and casual Italian fare. Smithsonian Air and Space Museum is next to the hotel, about 10 mins away, fun visit, many historic aircraft including the Space Shuttle Discovery and the Enola Gay. Highly recommend staying here! Will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mike53226
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. Fredy is, indeed, a great asset to our team. Thank you for recognizing his (as well as all of our) efforts to make your stay an enjoyable one. The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum-Udvar-Hazy Center is a TON of fun. I'm glad that you were able to see that while you were here. Please come back soon!