“reunion fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kingston, New York
“reunion fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had many members of our family staying there for a reunion and everyone who worked there was very accommodating. Everyone was happy with the rates and facilities. Several of us were ready to move in!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hi Rebecca! Thank you so much for letting everyone know that your family enjoyed the reunion here. It was sure a pleasure hosting everyone. We also appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Please let me know if we can help in the future :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Edgewood, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Staybridge Suites in Chantilly Virginia is a winner!

From check-in to check-out this property gets it right. From the minute I walked in the door the staff made me feel like they were genuinely glad that I chose to stay at their property. Every staff member - front desk, kitchen, housekeeping - I encountered was well trained and personable. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable; the common areas were equally well-kept and orderly.

The breakfast selections were excellent and plentiful, except for the Saturday morning with all the guests from the tour bus. (Note: The next comment isn’t a complaint, just an observation.) The serving space and the common area were both way too small for a group that size. The kitchen staff did their best, but wow could that tour group put away the food! I ended up taking cereal back to the room because I had a flight to catch and couldn’t wait out the crowd. Breakfast on Saturday doesn’t start until 7:00 AM, so going to breakfast earlier wasn’t an option. I think if I had known about the tour group in advance I would have made alternate breakfast plans.

The evening receptions I went to were absolutely wonderful - even if they only had beer and no wine ;-), and it was such fun on “Bingo” night! Hotel nights alone can really drag on, so this was a nice change of pace on a business trip. And kudos to the managers for being such a visible and lively presence during the charity event – you set a high standard for the industry.

Through the years I’ve stayed at most of the hotels near Dulles looking for a “home away from home” for my business trips to the DC area. I’m not a long-term guest, as the majority of my stays are usually 3 – 4 days. But I like to know before I go that I’m going to be comfortable and safe. This property is perfect for me and I’m already looking forward to next time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
Thank you for your candid review of the hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and will be coming back. We do enjoy Bingo and I'm happy to hear you did as well. Tour groups can be challenging. We try to make sure that there is plenty of food and I'm sorry that you only got the cereal that day. We don't have a lot of those kind of groups in so it shouldn't be a problem most of the time. Once more - thank you so much for letting us know about your stay.
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I couldn't possibly write a review that would be done in the next hour based on all the positive experiences we had at this location. The front desk personnel were friendly, welcoming, and were there throughout our 4 night stay for anything we needed. The hotel uses a flexible cleaning schedule that does touch ups to your room but will do a deep clean at your request. The entire hotel was spotless and very fresh, what I observed from the housekeeping staff was very detailed cleaning and great teamwork. The rooms are well equipped with everything you would need for a longer stay. The breakfast bar had great selections and healthy options, the coffee was wolfgang puck and was running 24 hours a day...AWESOME. The laundry and work out rooms were small but they are there if you need them, disappointing that they don't have a pool. The business room was well equipped with a scanner/copier, hook ups for mac books to plug in, and many games/movies/videos to sign out during your visit. If you need a top notch clean hotel to stay at in the Chantilly area and close to the airport without the sounds of the airport then this place is for you. You WILL NOT find a more caring staff, you will not be disappointed and you will see why this place was trip advisor top 2011

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 38allovertheplace
Wow! What a great review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with everyone. It's great to hear that we exceeded your expectations. It is, indeed, our pleasure to welcome people just like we do friends and family :-)

We hope to see you again soon.
Glendora, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is the place to be if you have to be away from home. I was there for 6 weeks for training and the staff is so helpful and just awesome. They make you feel like family. Thanks Freddie, Krista, Carl and the rest of the staff you are awesome. They also provide breakfast daily and 3 nights a week dinner. I will miss you all.

2 Thank Sheri V
cpbrownjr, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Hi Sheri! Thanks so much for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience here at the hotel. We will definitely miss you as well so you have to stop by from time-to-time to say hello. We really appreciate the feedback and kind words.
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here for six weeks in a row. The staff was very helpful, and the area is good. They have some pretty good deals on their suites, which are well maintained. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings they have socials from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. that included free food and beverages (including beer on tap). They also have a very fun evening of charity bingo once a month. Other amenities include free laundry facilities (three washers and three dryers), a workout room, and shuttle services to/from Dulles airport as well as local businesses (three mile radius). Of course the suites are equipped with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, range top, and dishes/utensils. Free internet via cable or wifi. TVs in the rooms are modern flat screens with HDMI ports, so take your laptop and HDMI cable if you want Netflix..

Room Tip: West side rooms have a bit of jet noise from the Dulles flight pattern. It didn't bother me...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the hotel. It was our sincere pleasure to host you during your trip. We will miss the bagpipe concerts! Thank you for letting others know about your experience here.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Nice place to stay one front desk persom was not very helpful I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely appreciate the feedback you have given regarding your stay. Please accept my apologies about the staff member that was not helpful. You are welcome to contact me personally concerning this so that we can help our staff improve. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed at hotels all over the place in the United States and Europe. Never have I felt so welcome and taken care of as when I stayed at this Staybridge Suites. Karl, Freddy, and everyone else went way above and beyond to accommodate our training class, such as when a couple of us needed extra hangers - they actually went out and bought more hangers just for us! If you want a home-like experience, this is the place to be. I stayed here for a month, and the staff came to be like old friends to us. Oh, and there's bingo once a month where the proceeds go to a great children's charity!!! I hope I get to stay here again for business!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or restaurant at this hotel, but they can take you to the swimming pool at...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about you stay at the hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We work really hard to make sure everything is clean - thanks for letting us know we got it right!