“Sides unimpressive, service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Willards Bbq

Willards Bbq
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Marshall, Virginia
“Sides unimpressive, service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I went to Willard's for lunch on a Thursday and will say that the place gets very, very busy! We were lucky to get a table as the establishment is not very big....think like the size of a Chipotle. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich which allows you two sides. I chose baked beans and mashed potatoes with gravy. I think my total was between $6-$7, so it's definitely inexpensive which is a plus. The service lacked a personal touch and the people taking orders weren't at all friendly or personable, though not rude. On the plus side, the food is prepared quickly and we were at our table in less than 5 minutes. The portions are HUGE, so you will definitely not leave hungry. The pulled pork was very good, though I added extra BBQ sauce, but the baked beans and mashed potatoes were inedible. The baked beans just had a very strange spice and taste to them and the mashed potatoes were incredibly salty. I'd probably go back, but I definitely wouldn't make it a regular place I visit.

2 Thank ejonesy4

Stephens City, Virginia
“Pretty Good, not as good as it's rating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stopped by on a trip ad visor recommendation. It was hard to find for someone not from the area. I also didn't feel safe, So I expected it to be a good BBQ joint. Most folks know good BBQ is found in some of the worst places to be in. The place was clean, service was quick, and the aroma was inviting. The food was above average, but not outstanding. Some of what I had was burnt. The portion was large, so this offset that issue. Sides were bland and underwhelming. Again, you did get plenty. Price was good, so if you are hungry, in a hurry, and it's daylight, this is a good option.

1 Thank Mark T
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Yummy Food! Great Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was in town on business and we went to Willard's BBQ. It was real BBQ and I thought pretty good. The service was fast and the food came fast as well. It was very crowded at lunch but we got a seat pretty quick. I had the meat and three price was about $8 a person. That included soft drinks. I had the pulled pork, collard greens ,mac n cheese and coleslaw. I could not eat it all that is how much there was. I will say the mac n cheese was not hot but it was good. The pork was very tasty as was the collard greens. If in the area again I would go back.

2 Thank Sas16001
Massachusetts
“Unpleasantly surprised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were looking forward to some real bbq and found pulled pork that was adequate at best and turkey that was so heavily peppered it was almost inedible. Although pepper is a spice it should not overpower whatever it is used on. The sides were far from good and we have had better cornbread at Boston Market which isn't saying much. About the only good things we can say about our experience was that service (mostly self) was quick and the prices were only outrageous because the food was so bad.

2 Thank gailmath
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“The Best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have been hanging out in Northern VIrginia for years - coming out on business trips and having various work assignments for 1 - 3 years at a time. Finally found a BBQ place that satisfies as much as my home-spots in Texas. Willards has lucious tender meat, a whole host of sauces, great cole slaw and - best of all for this area - at reasonable prices. It's on the way to the Bike trail (or from it) so is very convenient for those weekends when you are out and about getting in your exercise.

• Visited May 2014