“The food and service were both excellent!”

Ford's Fish Shack South Riding
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was our third trip to Ford's Fish Shack in South Riding, VA. We have also been to the Ashburn location a few times. I was a little nervous because it was a Sunday and we were bringing our 14 month old son with us, and I assumed the restaurant would be crowded and they would not want to see a toddler coming in there. They were busy, but not overly busy and no wait time, and the staff was so friendly! Our waitress was great, but even two or three other waiters were playing little peek-a-boo type games with my toddler to help entertain him. The workers seemed to enjoy their job, which is hard to find in most restaurants.

The food was amazing! They didn't have any lobster bisque this time, which was amazing the last time I had it. I had the fish tacos, my dad had the campfire trout and my husband had the lobster roll. All three meals were perfect. We will definitely be returning, even if it is a 30 minute drive for us, it is worth it.

2  Thank angsreviews
There are newer reviews for Ford's Fish Shack South Riding

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husand and I had dinner at Ford's for the first time while in nearby Chantilly for a convention. We arrived at 5pm for dinner and were glad we came somewhat early because the restaurant began to fill up quickly after 5:30. We both ordered fried oysters, which were succulent and fried to perfection. Their coleslaw recipe was unique and delicious. We also shared their blueberry dessert to finish our meal. Overall, the food and service were top notch, and we will definitely go out of our way to return to Ford's next time we're in the area.

1  Thank laurarC6550XQ
Reviewed August 1, 2014

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Fords!! It is right across the street from our house, and it is one of our favorite spots to grab a bite to eat. We do know the owners, Tony and Anna, so we might be a little bias, but they are such nice people, and they sure know how to run a restaurant! The food is amazing, and the service is always great. There is really nothing on the menu you can go wrong with. Our new favorite thing is their weekend brunch menu! So yummy! Amazing french toast, and I don't typically care for french toast. Their omlettes are huge and delicious. And the breakfast potatoes are better then their french fries (which are also really good). Oh and in the winter, you have to get their white chocolate, blueberry bread pudding. I think it is my favorite dessert EVER, ANYWHERE. And I love dessert, so that's saying something. We have a 7 months old, and we have been taking him their since he was a newborn, so it is very family friendly. It can be crowded, so call ahead, even during the week.

1  Thank OnlyMrsForster
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On a recent visit to Washington D.C. we stayed in Chantilly, Va. We found Ford's Fish Shack on the internet and decided to give it a try. One of the best seafood meals we have ever had. The "angry" mussels are to die for, REALLY!!!! The whole belly clams were awesome and I had the fish and chips and they were perfect. Chris, our server, could not do enough for us to make this a perfect dining experience coupled with the lengthy conversation that we had with the Manager who REALLY, REALLY CARES about his restaurant and the patrons who he serves. I only had one problem with this restaurant and that problem was that we live in Connecticut and Ford's Fish Shack is in Chantilly, Va. but I did ask the Manager if he could move his GREAT restaurant to Connecticut. I rarely write reviews but I felt that I owe it, not only to this outstanding restaurant but to anyone in doubt about the fresh, quality food, perfect service, and reasonable pricing that can be found here at Ford's Fish Shack. I can't wait to come back to this area again and I know exactly where I will be eating my meals at. Thank You Ford's Fish Shack & Staff for a PERFECT DINING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

2  Thank Mingo7655
Reviewed July 21, 2014

While this place may not be the best value for a Lobsah roll, it certainly is one of the tastiest! The roll is served two way, with a butter sauce, or light mayo sauce. The roll is made for them and comes toasted and prepped like garlic bread. Then add a decent portion of lobster and you have an instant hit.
Also had the fish taco's which were excellent and more reasonable in price. Nice outdoor seating too. Would come back.

2  Thank BlueC0llar