“mmmmmmmm”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Ford's Fish Shack is just what South Riding has been waiting for. The bar is always packed and bustling. The restaurant is spacious and comfy. The food is very good. If you like lobster I recommend the lobstah cocktail. It is a cooked and chilled whole lobster served in the shell on ice with a wonderful dipping sauce. SO GOOD!

1  Thank princess008

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have been going to Fords Fish Shack for the past several years in Ashburn prior to them opening another location in South Riding. Since they have opened the location in South Riding, we have been a half dozen times with great experience until the past two times.

Our last two visits were less than desirable. The food has been cold, the staff do not seem to care or want to take care of the situation and when I have spoken to the Manager, their first response is to go back to the kitchen.

I think it will be awhile before we go back for dinner.

2  Thank ggriffe
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

If you like fish and seafood, then this is a very good place to eat. Good atmosphere, fast service, good beer.

We had steamed shrimp, raw oysters, Caesar salad, and the mahi mahi special. It was all very good. Well prepared, not overlooked. We requested steamed shrimp.

I base my rating on price and quality so this place is a bargain for tasty food with great service.

GO!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Made a trip to the South Riding location as it is closer to home. Fords has duplicated the quality of their Ashburn location, as this was as good as the original. The favorite restaurant of me and my wife. The new location is bigger. We went on the first Saturday that they were open for lunch. Wish they had a frequent visitor card, as me and the wife will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a failed attempt shortly after this new location opened, we visited Ford's Fish Shack this weekend (previous weekends wait were extremely long). We called ahead at 5:45, were told the wait would be an hour and a half and showed up shortly before 7:15. Waited an additional 30-35 minutes. The bar and dining room were very noisy.

Food was pretty good. We started with the deviled egg appetizers, these were pretty good with lots of mustardy yolk. I had the crabcakes. The 2 cakes were almost all crab with very little filler. They were tasty but quite salty They are usually served with french fries but I subsituted chorizo macaroni & cheese. Again, delicious but a little over-salted. My husband had the salmon, a very large portion in a dijon mustard sauce that my he really enjoyed. I had the frozen blueberry lemonade cocktail, very yummy. Our server Martin was excellent.

The former restaurant in this location had a few tables outside, hopefully Ford's will do the same as the weather warms up. And hopefully they will have lunch hours soon like the Ashburn location, the restaurant opens at 3:30 and I wouldn't mind going for lunch during the week to avoid those weekend dinner crowds. But we'd definately go again.