“Don't take the wrong bus - free second review therefore :-)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo

Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't take the wrong bus - free second review therefore :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Well, if you get around, you learn for life. This time it certainly was my mistake after a 18 hours flight time to get onto the wrong bus at Dulles airport.

At Dulles Airport, there is more than one Holiday Inn and it is easy to overlook what bus is going to which hotel. So I ended up at the Holiday Inn Sterling first.

While the friendly staff was helpful finding out that I have no reservation there, the total time it took was one hour to get back to airport ..

Besides, the personnel at Holiday In Sterling seems to have an argument with each other - at least the clerk and the repair man were constantly shouting at each other while I was waiting for the next bus. I cannot comment for the rooms, but the entrance area is a little run down.

Back to the other Holiday Inn Chantilly : It was quite a nice difference, very clean, spacier lobby, nice, and a friendly staff, but somewhat small rooms A/C was loud and bulky, too. Had a decent night after switching off the noisy beast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Pgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for years, the place is clean, staff friendly. There is a pool that is well maintained. The restrauant is great, one of the few eateries that has a 7 day a week happy hour, prices on drinks great, food is very good, they have an early bird dinner for $9.99 main course plus soup or salad. The staff at the restrauant is amazing,,they keep,up with a lot of tired, thirsty and hungry guests. We stay here about 4 times a year, we can walk from the expo center just across the parking lot, love not having to drive after a long work day and we don't miss sitting in traffic!

Room Tip: Just stay away from any blocked rooms. Wedding parties etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carol W
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The reason we stayed here was that my husband was attending an event at the Dulles Expo, so it was the most convenient. With AAA discount the total charge was $90.72 (no breakfast but free wi-fi). I have no complaints about the hotel, but also felt there was no "wow" factor either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for couple days, for business trip, front desk is useless, don't give you any information, in general seems like then don't care at all, went to the pool, it was dirty and as the excuse they said because of the rain and paint on the bottom it's dirty. Well, not a big deal, then ordered room service, and the prices in a room menu is different than at the restaurant, so I.ll suggest just double check. And actually last night of my stay decided to go to the restaurant at the hotel and seemed like it was separate planet with the hotel. People speak english, had great customer service, and they made my stay. Thank you Paul( who as a manager was running around and helping with everything, he is amazing,handsome man, beautiful smile, knows how to professionally talk to the guests, be nice and be respectful ) Becky(amazing bartender even in busy hours), Abby and Gerardo(lovely waitresses)!!! All of you did a great job ! Because of you I.d like to come back !!!
Otherwise hotel definitely needs improvements! !!!
From Russia with love,
Anastasia :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank anab145
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I went on a group trip so there was some delay in getting to my room and the first room I was given was in the beginning stages of being cleaned. I was given another room a short time later and it was clean and comfortable. My sister discovered to her surprise that her room did not have a bathtub and she likes to take baths and not showers. After a long trip there she was too tired to ask for another room. The group leader had arranged for our group to have breakfast and we were given a private dining area. The breakfast was O.K. with the exception of the fake eggs and no toaster for the sliced bread that on the serving table. We asked for a toaster for two mornings but did not get one until the third and last morning. After getting orange juice and very good coffee at the included breakfast, my friends and I paid for breakfast in the restaurant for two of the three mornings.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub let the desk know.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Rosalyn P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I checked in around 9:30 pm and found that although my reservation specified a room with two beds they were all out. At that point it didn't matter because my son had cancelled on me, but still you should be warned that you won't always get what you asked for. The room was clean and the king bed comfortable, although the walls seemed a little on the thin side (I could hear talking in the next room). The bathroom has a magnifying mirror and a shower but no tub. Cool design where the hinged bathroom door can serve as a door to the whole room or just the toilet area. The next day (a Saturday) they were short-staffed in the restaurant around 8 am. The breakfast choices are numerous although the menu didn't match the sample in the notebook in my room. I chose the One Egg with English Muffin and Fruit (or something like that). The English muffin was cold but the scrambled egg wasn't. They forgot my cranberry juice until I was done eating and had the nerve to charge me for it ($2.19) and I drank it anyway because I was too shy to refuse it. Still, I slept well and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Gilbertsville,Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was traveling with a group (The Bandit Run) and one of our overnight stops was in Chantilly. The hotel was packed with "runners" as well as other guests. When we checked in I overheard someone say to the person checking us in about giving us a certain room and explaining it ti us. Well no one explained anything. We got the key and went to our room. What they neglected to explain was they upgraded our room to a suite for the same price of the regular room! It was spacious and beautiful not to mention exceptionally clean! Too bad we were only there for one night I could have easily stayed there longer.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and if I travel to that area again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends