“great hotel”

Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed June 25, 2012

the rooms and amenities were nice, but the real strength of this place is the staff. They treated my family and I wonderfully. It served as a good base for visiting D.C.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stopped here on my way to concert at Jiffy Lube Live. Located right off Rt 28 and next to the EXPO center, it was a great location for those wanting to visit the Air and Space museum. Great weekend rate too!

Very nice outdoor pool which I enjoyed before the concert. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. Cool L-shaped walk in shower. Full service restaurant on premises and others next door.

I asked for extra pillows and the were brought to me in seconds. Warm greeting at check in. I will stay here again and for my next concert!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here to be near Dulles and the Air & Space Museum. Staff could not have been nicer; room was large and comfortable; and best was the free shuttle, not only to the airport but also to the A&S Museum. We were able to leave our bags at the hotel while we toured the museum, and then the shuttle driver brought us our bags and took us to Dulles. There's a restaurant on the property--noisy bar, OK food, but certainly convenient.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotwire for a trip to DC. I got a great rate and the hotel did not disappoint. The bed was super comfortable, the room was very clean, and the staff was attentive to our needs. There was a nice big TV in the room, a good desk, and a comfortable chair and ottoman. I love the way the bathroom was set up so that the door could either close off just the toilet or the whole bathroom. I wake up much earlier than my wife does and this allowed me to use the bath facilities without waking her up. They don't offer a complimentary breakfast but there's a Wal-mart behind the hotel where I picked up some cereal, OJ, milk, bowls, and spoons and we had our own room service each morning.

We went to the restaurant the first night and the food was good for a hotel restaurant. It was late and we just didn't feel like getting back in the car. The waiter was friendly and the food was more than adequate.

The location is great, near the main road, and just a few miles from the Vienna Metro station. The Udvar-Hazy Smithsonian Air and Space Museum is less than 3 miles away. There are several fast food restaurants (McDonalds, Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, and Burger King) within a very short walking distance of the front door if you get hungry.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave48127
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is a nice hotel near the National Reconnaisance Office (NRO) headquarters. If you don't want to go to NRO, though, I'm not sure why you'd come here. Easy and free parking. An assortment of franchise restaurants within an easy stroll, plus Willards BBQ a bit longer stroll.

Nice room. Friendly at reception. Comfortable bed.

Weird restaurant for breakfast. I remember the super-speedy waiter from last year. Gear up for a ride.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

There a few hotels I give 5 stars and this this one of them. WOW. IS this a Holiday Inn??? No offence to Holiday Inns but... wow.

Free pick up and drop off at the Airport. The lobby is just beautiful. Great taste.

The staff is just very friendly and they will help you with whatever you need. Trust me, I am a flight attendant and some times we can be a huge pain in the a....

The have a resturant downstairs and serve very good food. They also have the BEST HAPPY HOUR in town. (they actually have a sign that says it) $3 beers and $5 quesadillas??? hmmmm.

The rooms are very nice and the beds are very comfortable.

If you have to visit Virginia around the Dulles area or you have a short layover around there, stay here. you won't regret it. This Hotel is just amazing.

ps: The free coffee at the lobby... priceless... especially before heading to the Airport in the early morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

First time at this hotel and I am extremely happy.

Convenient to all of the Government activity in Chantilly / Rt 28 corridor. The collocated bar has great early dining and happy hour options. The Chicken Quesadilla was excellant and only $5.00 till 8PM.

I was upgraded to a suite which was very large. The living room is large enough to hold a business meeting for four. One surprise was no microwave oven although there is a small refrigerator freezer. Very spacious bathroom.

Multiple fast food options are steps away but I do recommend the restaurant. You can't take alcohol from the bar to your room which is surprising. Route 50 is very close and has plenty of options for packaged alcohol if that is a concern.

Enjoy.

Room Tip: I asked for an upgrade and it was granted; I am a Priority Club Platinum Member
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business