“Excellent property, great staff!”

Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are very up to date and comfortable. The desk staff was great, and so was the shuttle driver. They really went out of their way to be helpful.

The workout room had good equipment and had free weights. There is a nice, outdoor pool and spa.

This hotel is minutes from Dulles Airport and close to shopping, which is convenient.

I would recommend this property to any business traveler, as it has a fast internet connection, which is important to me.

I am not sure all rooms have only showers, not tubs, but it may be worth your effort to ask when making reservations, as my room was great, but had a shower only.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 28, 2011

All around great hotel, amentities and personnel. Exceptional extra effort from the house-keeping supervisor Ramona Gliga in retrieving items left behind in the room and returning them safely to my home of residence. It is rare to see this kind of diligence.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank red353
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Nice hotel ... Lacks a little due to location but has a ton of food locations around it. I didn't get a bathtub but the shower is very nice. Check out 7 days a week there happy hour

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during a family-event weekend. We hosted a family dinner in the restaurant; we hung out in a family-hosted hospitality suite. We got terrific support from staff in planning and executing the dinner. The food--grilled salmon--was excellent; well cooked and attractively presented. Courteous and efficient wait staff. The guest rooms are attractive, the beds comfortable. The bathrooms are roomier than some, and a clever swing door arrangement makes it possible to close off the toilet area from the rest of the bathroom. The suites are big enough to host a lot of family/friends hanging out. Some have small balconies overlooking the outdoor swimming pool. It's a nice pool, although unheated, with a lot of deck area for lounging. Some cousins used the fitness room, and I didn't hear any complaints. There's free shuttle service from/to Dulles Airport. We only have one complaint. Saturday morning breakfast seemed like an experience from a different hotel. Same restaurant, but the staff were brusk to the point of rudeness, the service was spotty and slow, and they had run out of some foods by 9 a.m.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2011

The hotel is absolutely wonderful. The shuttle was there promptly to pick us up with a big smile. The driver immediately took my bag and lifted it in the shuttle.

The front desk staff are always amazing and they make you feel like you were the most important guest they ever had.

The rooms are very clean, the bed and pillows swallow you up and the towels are oversized and plush.

The connected restaurant is just one more added bonus since the food is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2011

My husband and I are seasoned business travelers(over 25 years.) We have stayed in every chain of hotel out there. This Holiday Inn is one of the best and not as expensive as some hotels we have stayed in. As a woman traveler my expectations are quite high and this Holiday Inn lives up to every one of them. We go back there every couple of months and have gotten to know the personel. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, from the desk staff to Housekeeping to the buss boy in the restaurant.
The staff makes us feel as though we are the only two guests they have! The rooms are spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds and if you want a treat, stay in one of their suites! We have stayed in both.
We expect a high standard of service and we get it at this hotel which is not always the case.
Also, their staff is very honest. My husband left expensive irreplaceable jewelry in the room and it was neatly arranged on the desk by Housekeeping when we returned. In one of the very high end hotels, I had my cell phone taken. I returned to the room within ten minutes to get it and it was gone. And by the way, the hotel that I am speaking of doesn't have all the amenities of this Holiday Inn. I was surprised because it's name is well known in the Tavel Industry. Perhaps that is why they don't try as hard. That tells me each hotel has to be judged on an individual basis. We have to travel on business on our anniversary next month and I am looking forward to spending it at this Holiday Inn in Chantilly. If you try this hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Any northern Virginian knows that 95 South is a nightmare just about anytime of day, but add water or snow to the mix and you'll have the never-ending commute from hell! Such was the case last night and with the thunderstorms, flooding, and tornado warnings I decided this time I'm calling Holiday Inn. To my great relief they accommodated my last minute request so instead of fighting 3 or 4 hours of traffic, I got a super friendly staff, an immaculately clean roomy room, a wonderfully comfortable bed, the best pillows ever, and one of the most peaceful sleeps in a long time. It didn’t hurt either that my treat of room service arrived in like 10 minutes with the incredibly delicious Guinness flank steak and garlic mash potatoes. My only complaint, I’d wish I’d ordered two—it was that good! Oh, and one last thing. When I turned on the flat screen TV it didn’t work- I thought, darn it, and called the front desk—thinking it was going to be hours before someone came up to fix it. Literally not even five minutes later, the engineer was in my room and the TV working. From Mary who booked my room, to Ahmed who greeted me when I checked in, to Skip who delivered the room service tray, my Holiday Inn experience was truly that—a Holiday! If you’re a frequent 95 traveler, due your self a favor and take a break once in while—Holiday Inn Chantilly—puts the sanity back in your life

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business