I’ve been to many Mongolian BBQ restaurants and most every one has the same process: Grab a bowl, line up to add meats and vegetables, spoon in your sauce from a variety of components (e.g., soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, ginger juice, hot pepper paste, etc.), and then wait by the grill while your food is cooked. The process at Ghengis Grill is similar but there are many things that set this restaurant apart.
1) Fresh vs. frozen meats and seafood to choose from, and many more options for the meat selections. You can even prepare a southwest style bowl with the available ingredients.
2) The steak is very good and is provided in large chunks rather than the typical slivers of beef. I thought the meat and seafood quality was definitely the best I’ve had in this type of restaurant.
3) A huge variety of spices and sauces to choose from, most of which you definitely wouldn’t find at other Mongolian BBQ restaurants.
4) You have many choices for your starch including white, brown and fried rice, noodles, and even pasta or tortillas.
5) Two separate lines of ingredients and sauces for preparing your bowls. This makes a huge difference during the lunch rush.
6) One of the best changes this restaurant has made is that you don’t have to stand and wait for your food to be cooked. They give you a number for your table and it is delivered.
7) Ghengis Grill also has a pretty decent bar and some good looking cocktails on the menu.
Overall I was very impressed with the food and service, and will definitely be back.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.