“Good experience overall!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good experience overall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had a good experience overall at this hotel, we had stayed during a snowstorm, and the hotel did a great job of getting the parking lot plowed for the guests. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our fire alarm in the room was beeping (Low battery), so we called down to the front desk to have the battery replaced, the front desk attendant came up immediately to fix the issue. The only issue we had during our stay was a group of teenagers that had booked a room across the hall from us, and literally partied all night long, so we had some trouble getting some sleep that night because of all the noise. The breakfast at the hotel was excellent, and it was included in our stay. If you are looking for a nice and comfy hotel in the Chantilly area, I would definitely recommended this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Greenoxide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a pleasant surprise. Room was really quite nice (although a microwave would have been useful). Managed to stay productive while working in the room. The bed was one of the best I've experienced among all the usual hotel chains so I slept much better than I usually do! Great breakfast provided and really nice, helpful staff. Repeat. Really nice, helpful staff. Great location for our business trip. Good restaurants nearby. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Spalding
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

...... at the Hyatt Place, Chantilly VA.

The staff were extremely helpful and obliging. Arrived from the UK late in the evening without luggage (airline lost it) - hotel staff provided me with all the essential basics and offered to run me to the local Walmart even though that regular service had finished for the night.
The room was spacious and well appointed, the lift worked efficiently and, although the room was on the "freeway side" of the building there was very little traffic noise the next morning.
The breakfast was included in the price and provided varied options. The shuttle ran on time back to the airport and the drivers (the evening before and in the morning) were very helpful to those with luggage.

Downside: Had to call the hotel for the airport shuttle - quite a long wait.
Bar area very small and an extension of the reception desk - very little atmosphere but, again, staff friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank BikerBear143
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We visited here in 2011, the hotel was warm and inviting.
This time service seemed lacking. Housekeeping didn't remove used dished for 2 nights in a row, bath tub had 8" of water in it as i showered. I told front desk about it the next day, well it didn't get fixed. So I told them about it the next morning....at 7pm that evening when we returned there was finally someone fixing it. Also the rates quoted to us by reservations were inaccurate and I had to pull up my email confirmation to prove the rate I was promised.

also, quality of provided breakfast is sub par from other Hyatts we've visited. Disappointing.

Room Tip: Call ahead and confirm reservation and rate.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank phamblin
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We got a great deal here through www.hotwire.com . The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, spacious, with minimal decor. Amenities include free in-room wifi, frig, and a great breakfast too. We were there to drop our daughter at the airport. The free shuttle service took us with her to the terminal and then came back and got us after she went through security, saving us parking fees and time. Next time we need to fly out of Dulles, we are staying here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I was blown away by my stay at the Hyatt last night! The front reception area was clean and inviting. The check in process was quick and easy and the guest service concierge was very friendly as well.

When we checked in our room, it was far beyond out expectations for the low rate we paid. There was a HUGE couch (big enough to sleep on but actually pulled out as well), a partition in the room making it feel like a multi room suite, a large flat screen tv (bigger than any other hotel I've ever stayed in) that could be seen easily from either "room" of the suite and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Best nights sleep I've had in a while for sure! I even asked how I could buy the bed set while I was checking out!

We were in town for a concert at the nearby amphitheatre and this hotel will be my home away from home for all my future visits to this area!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
MariaRodas, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hyatt Place Chantilly. It is great to hear that the hotel room was to your satisfaction and you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Bed. I am also glad you found the staff to be friendly, efficient and accomodating. We look forward to serving you on your next visit!
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed 4 nights at this property. It was a typical Hyatt Place experience (read: unspectacular, but very good), except we saw two bugs in the room, one of them in the bed. They were either water bugs or little cockroaches. I understand that no building on earth is without bugs, but this is not what I expect from a Hyatt property.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike D
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the issue you had with bugs in your room. I understand your concern and agree with you, that is not what you would expect when you stay with us. I apologize once again for the inconvenience and I hope that you give us the opportunity to provide service for you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Staybridge Suites Chantilly Dulles Airport
Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!