“Very Nice Place to Stay”

Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice hotel. The rooms 2 fulls beds, and pull out couch bed (slept 5 comfortable). Beds were comfortable but full size. Going from king size to full was really close proximity to my husband (I love him, but need space when sleeping next to him) Free breakfast was really good --waffles, oatmeal, fresh fruit, egg sandwiches. (repeated -so got boring after 7 days). 12 miles from metro, need to get taxi to get to metro. That cost us a lot. But the hotel picks you up from Dulles Airport for free, so we took the bus then into D.C. cheaper then metro almost same amount of time. We traveled in D.C. so if don't have a car this may not be the hotel for you. We had a car for most of the week except for the days described above. Staff was very nice and helpful. My sunglasses screw came out and they fixed it for me so went out of their way to be helpful. I would stay here again. Pool was nice with lifeguard. Kids swam some. Rooms were cleaned daily.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport South. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful with all of your needs and you were able to take advantage of our airport shuttle for your D.C. travels. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay and look forward to again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Really a very nice experience. I have been in the hotel business for 19 years and my wife considers me a resortist snob. But I know quality and appreciate service. Although this is a typical mid-tierd business property, the details create a very, very nice experience. Lets start with the simple things....it's new and its clean. That alone makes it sufficient. But really the hotel staff and their consistency to answer yes to all of my requests put it over the top. Even though I missed the FREE breakfast buffet after my workout, the manager bought me a great cup of coffee at their barista machine. And their shuttle driver took me to the Air & Space museum twice as the museum worked through utility issues. Make sure to set aside some time in the lobby to grab a glass of wine or a pastry. Or what was great, there are about 10 restaurants within 100 yards of the hotel. We had steak, Peruvian and Vietnamese. But could have easily had the simple Applebee's or Fosters Grill. If I am ever in Chantilly again, Hyatt Place will get my first call.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VegasGolf71
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for making time to review our hotel. I'm so glad you found our staff to be accommodating for all your requests. I will let them know what a great job they did and we all look forward to serving you again if you come back to the area!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am actually staying here now. I used Hyatt points from a bad experience I had from a Hyatt in Maui, Hawaii. As soon as I walked in the door, I was treated like royalty. They gave me a little your of the hotel and all and my room is nice and big and clean! they don't provide safes in the room. I called the front desk and Cindy went out of her way to make sure that I had a safe deposit box that was big enough to store my belongings. She was beyond nice! The breakfast provided was sufficient and helps save money. they have a nice little coffee bar where you can get snacks 24 hours a day. Both people who helped us were so nice. Sorry I didn't get names. The place has several restaurants within walking distance and the front desk provided us with a list so we knew what was around before we checked in. this is a great place. When I come to the DC area again, I will definitely stay here!!!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We are so glad that you gave Hyatt another chance after your previous experience and we were able to satisfy your needs with our spacious guest rooms, complimentary breakfast, and bakery café. I will be sure to thank Cindy for being so pleasant and helpful during your stay. We strive to make every guests stay here unforgettable. Looking forward to serving you again!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our suite is big and comfortable especially the bed. Free continental breakfast is included as well as free wifi/internet. Eventhough it's quite a distance for us to drive to the museums , and yet we also enjoyed the peace and quiet from the city. Best for family vacation stays. I think it's well worth the money to stay here. Definitely a "5 stars" to me .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Chantilly. We are glad our spacious guest rooms met the needs of your family and you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for an overnight stay before heading on to our destination and what a nice place this was. Very cozy in the living room with adjoining sink, fridge table in a kitchenette area. The tv was attached to the wall and you were able to watch it from both living room & bedroom. I know it sounds odd but it worked, whoever designed this space fit everything together perfectly. It was quaint and I was very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We are glad you chose to stay at our hotel and the hotel met your needs. We hope to get the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had eight high school groups as guests at the Hyatt Place Chantilly who were participating in the national finals of a very prestigeous constitution focused competition at nearby George Mason University. There were 177 students and chaperones. The hotel facilities, guest rooms, meeting spaces, breakfasts could not have been better! The staff of the hotel could not have been more warmly greeting and quickly responsive to all of our needs and requests. The guest rooms are large, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The large lounge area in each room was ideal for small group study sessions. The breakfasts were superbly prepared. The buffet was fresndhened up continually, hot food was fresh and very delicious. Fruit was freshly cut each day. The lobby is charming...warm, peaceful, with several private sitting areas for a quiet breakfast or drinks in the evening. The hotel is impecably maintained and housekeeping keeps it spotless. The wide selection of restaurants and shops within a very short walking distance were ideal. In summary: top quality hotel facility staffed by dedicated , knowledgable professionals who are always accessible and eager to serve. Will certainly choose this hotel over any others in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet. Parking is free and close to several entrances for maximum convenience. El...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad you and the rest of your group enjoyed all of our services. With such a big group in house we are glad we were able to serve the breakfast to your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Great place to relax with some nice quiet and dark rooms. When your working nights and walk into the hotel to find it clean and food is ready to eat. Selection of breakfast could be a lil bit more of pickings. Overall I will stay over n over n over. Staff is out of this world. They explain everything that it is to know.

• Stayed: February 2013
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to hear that our hotel accommodated your working schedule. The curtains in our guest rooms do block the sun well, which is great for travelers that work nights and require a darker room. There is also a sheer inner curtain for travelers that prefer a brighter room. I apologize that you didn’t feel there was enough variety with the breakfast. We recently updated our breakfast to have a hot and cold variety. Feel free to contact me at Lauren.Skodi@hyatt.com and let us know what options you would like to see. We can pass this along to be considered for any future breakfast changes. We are so glad our staff took great care of you and will let them know what an awesome job they did! We look forward to serving you over and over again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
#6 of 21 in Fairfax
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!