“Ripping up carpet at Mdnight!”

Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Cortland, Ohio
“Ripping up carpet at Mdnight!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've stayed here a few times with no issues. However my last stay was a different story. I kept hearing noise all evening - figured it was a 'noisy' neighbor. Eventually it dawned on me, there was some kind of maintenance going on above me. Called the front desk (nearly 11pm by now) and inquired, man apologized and said they would stop. Still went on. Called the desk again around midnight and a different person told me they had stopped 2 hours ago (not!). Finally walked upstairs and found they were replacing the carpet directly above me. Asked to have my room changed - they said sorry, sold out. Chief engineer apologized and finally the noise stopped around 12:30. Only reason I give this place 3 stars is because they did comp the room next morning when I complained. Who does maintenance at Midnight!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. There was a project being completed that ran over the allotted time. We understand how this situation was frustrating and you are correct that maintenance should be finished earlier in the evening. In the future, we will make sure to have better interdepartmental communication, so we are not disturbing our guests late at night. We are glad our staff was able to take care of you the next morning. We truly want our guests to have a great experience here at Hyatt Place and hope we get the chance to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had two rooms at this hotel on December 27th. The rooms were perfect for a family and nicely appointed. Our daughter and her two girls enjoyed having so much space. The 14-year-old slept on the sleep sofa and said it was comfortable. We welcomed the amenities of a nice desk, free Wifi, refrigerator, microwave, etc. The bathroom was spotless. There was a Cici's pizza about a mile from the hotel where the girls wanted to eat so that was convenient. The free breakfast had their "signature" breakfast sandwiches (with meat, egg and cheese) which were good but I would have liked having bacon or sausage by itself. It was nice eating on real plates instead of paper plates too. Our girls were disappointed they didn't have an indoor pool but we were fine with that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is located a few minutes from Dulles. I enjoyed the arquitectural/stylish design in the rooms. It had a nice living room space to spend time and watch a game. The breakfast was included and it was great. House Keeping was very friendly and the rooms very clean. From walking distance to a shopping center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
dallas
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very weak, not friendly, lacked service training. They forgot my dry cleaning - they did not show genuine care and concern and they spend a lot of time " hanging around" the front desk.

Good location, easy in and out. Rooms very clean

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The beds were not exactly comfortable. My Mom is using a walker/cane at the moment. The bathroom wasn't exactly what I would call handicapped. You have to reach up high to reach the towels which my Mom couldn't reach due to arthritis. The water from the shower leaked out of the shower area which then made the floor slippery and my Mom about fall. No mats or anything. Then there was no light at the bed...well there were lights but no outlets so hence you couldn't turn them on and if you are handicapped you don't exactly want to walk in the dark to the bed. Plus there was no clock in the room which I found strange but again even if there was one there wouldn't be an outlet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I needed a place to overnight prior to flying out of Dulles so I looked for affordable hotels relatively close to the airport. There were several in the $60-70 range but the reviews were not encouraging. I finally opted to spend a few dollars more and I think it was worth it. This hotel is very convenient to Dulles and has several places to eat within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was immaculate. I was a bit concerned over the possibility of noise from jets from Dulles since the hotel is under the flight pattern but it was not an issue. The jets are high by the time they get over the hotel and the hotel construction blocks any potential jet noise from getting inside. The breakfast they provide was very good with many selections to choose from. A bonus for me was the hotel's shuttle service. Since I had no car and wanted to visit the nearby Air & Space Museum close to Dulles, I asked if I could have the airport shuttle drop me off during one of their runs -- no problem!! And they picked me up at the Museum as well!! If/when I have occasion to be in the area again, I will not hesitate to stay at the Hyatt Place Chantilly again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location is great, restaurants within walking distance, friendly staff, nice lobby area, great breakfast, clean rooms, comfortable beds, only negative was about 5:15am dumpster truck pick up was very noisy. I have stayed there numerous times and will continue to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
#8 of 21 in Fairfax

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!