“Excellent place to stay”

Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I needed a place to overnight prior to flying out of Dulles so I looked for affordable hotels relatively close to the airport. There were several in the $60-70 range but the reviews were not encouraging. I finally opted to spend a few dollars more and I think it was worth it. This hotel is very convenient to Dulles and has several places to eat within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was immaculate. I was a bit concerned over the possibility of noise from jets from Dulles since the hotel is under the flight pattern but it was not an issue. The jets are high by the time they get over the hotel and the hotel construction blocks any potential jet noise from getting inside. The breakfast they provide was very good with many selections to choose from. A bonus for me was the hotel's shuttle service. Since I had no car and wanted to visit the nearby Air & Space Museum close to Dulles, I asked if I could have the airport shuttle drop me off during one of their runs -- no problem!! And they picked me up at the Museum as well!! If/when I have occasion to be in the area again, I will not hesitate to stay at the Hyatt Place Chantilly again!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location is great, restaurants within walking distance, friendly staff, nice lobby area, great breakfast, clean rooms, comfortable beds, only negative was about 5:15am dumpster truck pick up was very noisy. I have stayed there numerous times and will continue to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a recent trip to Washington, DC I wanted to stay closer to the airport to avoid the long traffic delays. I searched a few hotels in the airport vicinity, but the Hyatt Place won me over with free Internet, free parking, and free breakfast. When we arrived at our room I was pleasantly at the quality of the furnishings and bedding and the attention to details in the appointments ranging from the large sofa in the living room area, to the 50" plasma screen with HBO. The breakfast was more than the traditional hotel faire with treats such as a croissant with eggs, spinach, mushrooms and Gruyere cheese. Overall, my experience there was exceptional and I will seek this brand as I travel to other cities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice business hotel conveniently located near Dulles International Airport. Friendly, professional staff, clean room. Nice breakfast. Good value. Small business center and gym. Located next small shopping center with numerous and large variety of eating choices.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The location was ok, right by the freeway, several restaurants near by, as well as a couple of malls not to far away. The airport is not very close but you can get there quick.

Service was like you would expect and the breakfast was maybe a little better than the average.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located in a great area. Finding a great place isn't to hard to find. Hotel staff so pleasant, and always ready to help. Enjoy a few cold ones at the bar! Didn't have time to venture for morning breakfast. Rooms are very cozy, and I love the shower. Beds could be less firmer. Will see you all next year!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here on business for four nights. I am rating three stars.

My comments:

- Friendly and very helpful staff. Check in was easy.
- Rate included breakfast which was of a very nice variety and very tasty.
- Modern decor in rooms, with a very homey layout. I loved the sectional-style sofa and ottoman! Very comfy. But due to the homey layout, the TV couldn't be seen from the work desk or the bath/sink/dressing area.
- Not enough storage. My room had a very small closet and three narrow drawers. The sliding door on the closet was difficult to move. If my husband had been with me, there would not have been enough storage space for our stuff for that long of a stay.
- Unpredictable WiFi. I could get a weak connection for a few minutes at a time (second floor, end of the hallway). It was strange that all three of my wireless devices couldn't connect after 10 pm. I have a data card for my laptop and that saved me and kept me from inquiring about it. (When traveling for business, a remote connection to the office is a must in my hotel room.)
- Excellent location. Close to good restaurants and shopping without the hassle of too much freeway traffic.
- Comfortable bed and nice shower.
- Clean, except for the used tissue and balled up Post-it note on the floor of my room when I entered my room for the first time. I'm not one to complain about or report such things to the front desk. I discarded these items and think housekeeping probably just dropped these unintentionally because they were in a very obvious place on the floor.
- Fitness room was okay, with two treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, one weight bench, and free weights. The small room was crowded between 6 and 7 am. I would have appreciated some sort of sanitizer to wipe down the machines/weights before use, or at least my hands after use. There was a sink and a water fountain, along with clean towels, but no cleaning solution of any kind that I could see. I'm not a germaphobe but do take precaution in flu season.

I would stay here again for leisure travel, but the WiFi issue was a big turnoff for me for business travel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
#6 of 21 in Fairfax

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!