I stayed here on business for four nights. I am rating three stars.
- Friendly and very helpful staff. Check in was easy.
- Rate included breakfast which was of a very nice variety and very tasty.
- Modern decor in rooms, with a very homey layout. I loved the sectional-style sofa and ottoman! Very comfy. But due to the homey layout, the TV couldn't be seen from the work desk or the bath/sink/dressing area.
- Not enough storage. My room had a very small closet and three narrow drawers. The sliding door on the closet was difficult to move. If my husband had been with me, there would not have been enough storage space for our stuff for that long of a stay.
- Unpredictable WiFi. I could get a weak connection for a few minutes at a time (second floor, end of the hallway). It was strange that all three of my wireless devices couldn't connect after 10 pm. I have a data card for my laptop and that saved me and kept me from inquiring about it. (When traveling for business, a remote connection to the office is a must in my hotel room.)
- Excellent location. Close to good restaurants and shopping without the hassle of too much freeway traffic.
- Comfortable bed and nice shower.
- Clean, except for the used tissue and balled up Post-it note on the floor of my room when I entered my room for the first time. I'm not one to complain about or report such things to the front desk. I discarded these items and think housekeeping probably just dropped these unintentionally because they were in a very obvious place on the floor.
- Fitness room was okay, with two treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, one weight bench, and free weights. The small room was crowded between 6 and 7 am. I would have appreciated some sort of sanitizer to wipe down the machines/weights before use, or at least my hands after use. There was a sink and a water fountain, along with clean towels, but no cleaning solution of any kind that I could see. I'm not a germaphobe but do take precaution in flu season.
I would stay here again for leisure travel, but the WiFi issue was a big turnoff for me for business travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only six miles south of Dulles International Airport, the Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport hotel offers easy access to the heart of Washington, DC. The hotel is centrally located to popular area attractions that include the National Air and Space Museum as well as many other Smithsonian Institution destinations in downtown Washington, DC. The Dulles Airport hotel is also within close proximity to the Patriot Center and Bull Run Park. For business travelers, the hotel is within ten minutes of the Dulles Expo and Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South Hotel Chantilly
- Hyatt Place Chantilly
- Hyatt Place Hotel Chantilly
- Hyatt Chantilly
- Chantilly Hyatt