Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
$119
$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewshotel is locatedfront desk staffpinchwalmartkitchenettevahousekeepercomfort
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I travel for business nationwide and use third parties very often to get best hotel deals. I have stayed in nice Homestead studios before but staying at this unit was the worst experience during all my travels. I don’t expect superior class rooms for the price I pay but I do expect rooms to be clean.

The seal of freezer door was black, looked like mildew: health hazard for anybody suffering from allergies. Bathroom door frame was full of dust on both sides and it looked like it has been there for a while. The ceiling also had black spots and pieces of ceiling hanging out. Floor under the bed needed serious cleaning and bed was squeaking. Laundry room needs thorough cleaning as well.

It is amazing to me that at this competitive market, hotel managers do not supervise room conditions. Needless to say that I will never stay in Homestead hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I couldn't even stay here. When I arrived, one of the staff was having a very loud, very strange fight with someone I assume to be a guest about someone not paying their rent. We checked in and as we were walking to the room, several people were sitting outside drinking beer out of cases and hooting at us. Up to that point, I was still going with the flow but then we saw the room. It was gross and the smell of mildew almost knocked me over.

I felt unsafe. It was disgusting. I left and got a refund. On the plus side, I had no trouble getting a refund (which makes sense as I was only there thirty seconds).

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that you were not satisfied. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. The experience you described is truly regrettable. I am taking your review very seriously, I can assure you that I have addressed each of the issues you expressed.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry for your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Since 1997, I have traveled to VA on business 6 months out of every year. Until I bought a 2nd home in VA a few months ago, I always stayed at the Chantilly Homestead. It was quite literally my home away from home. The value and service and cleanliness were top-notch, but best of all for me was the attentiveness, responsiveness and customer services skills of the staff. All are exceptional - but most especially Kathy and Marchand, who always treated me like a member of their family, with kindness and caring. My room had everything I needed or wanted, all kitchen amenities save for an oven, wifi, sofa, queen bed, cable tv, and cleaning twice weekly. There are many extended stay options in Chantilly - some newer with pools and fitness - but I never considered staying anywhere else because it would have meant leaving Kathy and her staff - they are simply the best!

Room Tip: The Chantilly Homestead offers a monthly rate, which is very economical, for extended stay travelers.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Lee,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

When I have business in this area, I stay here. I have always found the employees who work there to be helpful, pleasant and attentive. For the price, you can't beat the proximity to the EXPO Center and it is fairly close to the airport. Also has lots of choices of food nearby and they are pet friendly! I keep coming back and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My profession requires me to travel all over the country. Ive stayed in countless hotels over the years from Hilton to Comfort Inn and none have made me feel as welcome / comfortable as the Homestead Inn. Cathy and her staff are top notch and very professional. I can actually say i enjoy staying here and appreciate everything they have done / do for me. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here. Good job Cathy, Amod, Marchuan, Heather, Terri and Tammy!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012