“Nice place except...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Nebraska, the good life
“Nice place except...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

On the day we left, my husband was awakened by water dripping on his face as there was a leak in the roof. We informed the front desk staff upon our departure, but they didn't give us any sort of a discount for our inconvenience. The hotel was fairly clean and had a decent breakfast. The other problem I faced was when I wanted to use the guest computer, there was always one of what I presumed to be the hotel staff using it.

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel, but we probably wouldn't return just because we felt we should have been reimbursed for the rude awakening (water dripping on our face) the morning we left.

• Stayed June 2004
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2006

After missing a flight at Dulles aiport (no fault of our own), the police at the airport rang through to the Comfort suites and got 9 people a great rate. Hotel sent out a shuttle for us and once we had arrived and checked in, they even took us in the shuttle to the local Macdonalds as we all hadn't eaten. In the morning some of our party went on the internet to try and find a flight home to England and Nancy came by to see if we were all ok. We told her our predicament and she even called her friend who works for a travel company to see if any one could help. We all eventually went back to the airport, but before we did, Nancy gave us her number and said to call if we had no luck. She would give us the same great rate again for as long as it takes. Couldn't thank them enough. Lovely compassionate human beings (unlike staff at Air France, the most unhelpful airline in the WORLD).
Oh, and by the way the rooms are great too, lovely and spacious, comfortable beds, and great breakfast.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank pojd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

We just returned from a Memorial Weekend stay at the Comfort Suites Chantilly. Overall, the motel is well kept and the room we had - king size bed with sofa bed- was very spacious, clean and neat. We had a refrigerator, kitchen type sink, microwave and toaster oven. The one thing that needs to be improved is the sofa bed- flimsy mattress, not much support. Our grown daughter ended up sleeping on the sofa itself- good thing she is short. When we were there, there were two small groups, but we found the noise factor to be fine- we were not on a floor with the groups and our floor was very quiet and no one was disturbed. The maid service while we were there was excellent. I agree with the other reviewer about the breakfast situation. Often I will eat the complimentary breakfast at one of these hotels, but this one did not appeal to me and our family went down the road (about a block and a half) to IHOP. I like to see a breakfast attendant in attendance at all times, and did not see that here, only when there were hardly any people eating there. I did not feel the selection was that good, or attractively arranged. The one morning the group was there and we felt it was rather chaotic, so decided to go to IHOP and did that the next day as well.

This hotel is greatly situated for anyone visiting the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, and also Manassas National Battlefield Park- about 15 minutes away. The hotel is also nicely situated off the main highway, about a block and a half from Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, in Sully Place, a loop type strip mall area, with IHOP, Ruby Tuesday's, and Taco Bell.

I think that the other reviewer may have a point about the hotel being short staffed for special needs such as theirs. I sense that this may be a problem here, but we had a pleasant stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2005
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank dergenie
Greenfield, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2004

I stayed on a Saturday evening, Oct. 30, 2004. I was very pleased with my stay here. The beds were comfortable and the room very clean. It was a great location if you went to visit the Air and Space Museum Hangar in Chantilly, VA. They had a free shuttle over to the museum. I saved about $28.00 by staying close to the museum instead of riding the shuttle from downtown (air and space museum) to the Air and Space Museum Hangar. The only complaint I had was at breakfast. They were serving waffles but did not put the stuff out to make them. When I ask and several other guests ask also, they said it would be right out and the lady continued to just refill items that did not need to be refilled yet, in other words she did not want to mess with it. Other than that it was a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2004
1 Thank Realestategirl61
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2004

I was completely dissatisfied by my experience at this hotel. I had booked the Sweetheart package for Valentine's Day. The package was to include champagne, chocolate, strawberries, and the room would be set up with candles. A week before my reservation the manager called and said they simply didn't have the staffing to set up the room, which is why I wanted the room in the first place. It was a week before Valentine's Day and everything else was booked, so I really didn't have a choice. It wasn't worth the stress to argue, so I checked in early to set the room up myself. Everything else went fine and we checked out the next morning. Upon checking my bank account the next day I discovered that they had charged me twice for one night. I called them to inquire about the charge and the manager told me that I was lying and that none of his employees would make a mistake like that. I had to get my bank to call him and explain the mistake before he would correct it. To make matters worse this is the second time this has happened at a Choice Hotels location. I am reserving 25 rooms for a wedding next year and I won't even consider booking them. If you do book a Choice Hotel I would advise you to check your bank account to verify the hotel charge.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Comfort Inn University Center
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
#9 of 15 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 204 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!