WINNER WONDERLAND

Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my husband & daughter for their 2 night trip for Freshman Orientation at George Mason. This chain is usually pretty decent, or so I thought, and they were the only chain to offer 2 queen beds. I was supposed to go on this trip but the sitter for my disabled son backed out at the last minute. My husband texted immediately upon their arrival & let me know about problems with the room & how run down the grounds/pool were. My daughter then texted this morning about the issues with the slow to warm hot water in the shower, hair dryer not working properly, bedding not comfortable, soured milk during breakfast and the pool was too filthy to even consider as an option for use later when they got a break. Again, my husband texted this evening & said the Do Not Disturb" sign was missing off their door when he returned & his card wouldn't work to open the door, so he had to go get that straightened out but couldn't get an explanation as to why that would have happened. Needless to say this hotel will not get our business again & it would have been a lot since I will want to visit my daughter frequently while she's away at college. It's a shame that this one Comfort Suites has made me doubt the entire chain. We only stay in hotels when traveling with our children though so not all that much of a loss.

Stayed July 2014
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I was extremely surprised and disappointed to learn about your experience. We pride ourselves in our service and in creating memorable experiences for our guests. Please rest assured that what you experienced was below our standards. I have shared your comments with the rest of my team so that we can ensure this does not happen again. I hope that this experience has not marred your overall impression of our hotel. Please contact me directly at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport so that I can ensure your return visit.

Kyle L English

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Hunker, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight. We were very pleased with the large well-kept room and especially the service. We enjoyed our hot breakfast, and Tony, Paula, and Mark were extremely friendly and helpful. We made use of the convenient shuttle service to the Udvar-Hazy Space Center and had a stress-free trip. Thanks Again, Darcy

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear DarcyM,

Thank you for writing such a great review of the Comfort Suites Dulles. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that our staff was very accommodating a threshold we strive for everyday. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I parked my car at Comfort Suites Chantilly for 5 days and took the shuttle to Dulles Airport. My driver, Tony, was very kind, respectful, friendly, and a competent driver. I would highly recommend this service as it saves time and money - especially if the flight times line up just right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Hui H,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are glad to know that our shuttle service and shuttle driver made an outstanding impression. We will make sure to recognize each employee mentioned for a job well done. We are thrilled to know that our book2park option worked for you. We look forward to seeing again soon in the near future.

Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

This place needs new management or they just need to start all over. Where do I start there were roaches in the room.. roaches in my coffee and around the coffee area. My door didn't open rooms smell of mildew someone needs to look at this. I don't understand how this could be overlooked staff seems like they are aware and don't care. Tv had sound and no picture my phones didn't work its as if they stopped caring but still charge $129.00 per night I will never stay here again we left the hotel I couldn't spend a night in this place. The only thing good about this place is the location. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience and bring the issues you experienced to my attention. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay with us. If you would be so kind as to contact my office directly, it would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Paula was amazing and very efficient helping us with an early check in. The rooms are nice a big however some updates are needed to make it excellent but I understand they are going through those renovations. Every convenient location. Lots of stores close by. Overall a really good stay.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear homebizmum,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our staff. We hope you will come visit again soon so that we can so you the improvements we are making.

San Bernardino, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Booked a king bed room with a whirlpool tub. It was right next to the pool and reeked of chlorine.
There was no lightbulb in the main lamp. The front desk agent was wonderful and kindly moved my room. Noise of screaming children woke me at 5:30 a.m. Could hear many of my neighbors as they moved about and saw that there was light beneath the door. The room was not very clean. I was traveling solo and didn't feel safe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Joyce S,

We take honest comments from guest like you very seriously. It pains us to hear the not so good stuff but it helps us learn and improve. It really sound like we blew it and I am so sorry. You should always receive the level of service you expect during you stay with us and I am sorry we did not meet your expectation. Please send me your contact information as I would like to make things right for you. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Muhammad checked us in. He was very friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable and the TV worked great. Breakfast was nice with a good selection. Good location for us. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear faye1630,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport. It is good to know that you found our rooms to be clean and our beds to be comfortable. We look forward to your return at the Comfort Suites Dulles Airport.