“Family stay - Went well” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Northern Ca
“Family stay - Went well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I agree with many -- Nice hotel, great staff. Good prices - airport shuttle after 6am .
They do handle a lot of groups, last night they were loud until after midnight that was the only night I was bothered by them.
Our shower curtain rod was sagging so the curtain did not stay closed. We also could not get more pillows (there were 4 of us) - I walked to Kmart and bought one for 4 dollars..
This is walking distance to iHop, Ruby Tuesday, dairy Queen and a couple of other restaurants. Taco Bell and Wendy's are also near by.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a different floor if they are expecting a group in that night..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback . We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

Rajesh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sanford NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came to Chantilly Va to enjoy the Air/Space Museum which btw was wonderful. Not so for this hotel. So many things wrong here. #1 our room lock was broken, supposedly fixed but never was so we had to play around to get the door open & locked. A/C worked off and on in the room and it was nearly 100 outside. The dining room had no a/c, halls were hot, elevators very hot. Pillows in room on bed tiny, but we were told that was all that was available. Towels in bathroom had holes. Bath tub a nightmare and I took a fall. No tub mat and very dangerous. I could go on the on, but you get the picture. To top it all off they had a large group of young teens with several counselors check in last night and they carried on until 2am and after 3 calls to the front desk nothing was done about that. We got like 31/2 hr sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Joan1042
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

A great value if you are visiting in the Washington DC area, this hotel boasts a very nice, clean room (I had a king suite with king bed, 40"tv, sofa bed, bath, nice size desk for writing/computing, refrigerator, sink, storage, microwave, coffee pot, iron and board) and included breakfast (with the standard items including waffles, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, cheese omelets and sausage, coffee, milk, juice, etc.) for about $75 per night. The room was lovely and the bath was very nice (although a bit worn in the tub area). Service from the front desk was very good. Located just a couple of miles from the Air and Space Museum annex and a short drive to DC itself, this was an excellent choice for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MNCamazing
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

Mexico, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here with a group of 7-8 graders on a Smithsonian Tour, so it was picked for me. I am a Choice Hotels member, so I have stayed in a few Comfort Inns here and there.

The Hotel was clean, the carpeting in the halls was nice, not worn and the breakfast was decent as most continental breakfasts can be. The beds were comfy and I had plenty of pillows. Sleep quality was good and quiet.

If you are traveling as a couple or on your own, you might want to make sure there aren't any tours staying here. There were 3 buses staying, and it was nonetheless quiet, but if that is a concern, you might want to check.

All was well at check in, and first thing I noticed was the phone didn't work. No probs, since there was an alarm clock and I could set my phone to wake me up. The first morning, I went to take a shower, and there was no cold water. All hot, scalding hot. I also awoke to see that the toilet had leaked water onto the floor. I pulled the lid off, and determined that the pressure thing was leaking. I turned the water valve off, as I was going to be gone, and put a bunch of towels down. I told the front desk, "We'll be gone until 900 tonight, so here's what's wrong." I got back to the room that night, and the phone worked, but nothing else did.

We ended up using my daughter's room to shower in (2 doors down - which had a few shower issues of it's own), since the work hadn't been done. We were there 3 nights, and it hadn't been corrected. I would turn the toilet valve off when not needed, because I didn't want it to run all over the place. Upon checkout, the work had not been done, nor was the shower usable, so I hope they corrected it for the next person!

Overall, a good sleep, but the nagging problems might make you want to look elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

phoenix, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

after doing my customary research on trip advisor, i decided that this was the most reasonable option for visiting the dc area without the high costs of the closer in locations. as usual, i got exactly what i expected. a decent size comfortable room with the free breakfast at a more than reasonable price. i see that people complain about the breakfast, but again, ITS FREE, stop moaning. more than enough to get you going in the am. driving around dc is an absolute nightmare, so my plan to drive to the vienna station and take the train worked beautifully. as an arizonan, we are totally unaccustomed to mass transportation, but if you study the dc metro page and solicit the help at the station this is a great option to visit the dc area without breaking the bank. plenty of restaurants near this hotel and very close to dulles airport.

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at this particular hotel Friday June 28 because of the ratings, a regular Choice hotels guest and the indoor pool (rain was in the forecast). I called the hotel before leaving home to make sure that we could get an early check in and enjoy the pool before our plans for the evening, was told it would not be a problem. Arrived and had no problem with check in but after going to our room, changing and heading to the pool we found it was closed and didn't open till 5pm on weekdays....daughter was quite disappointed but we shrugged it off and requested a late check out so we could enjoy it the next day. We came back to the hotel after the show and tried to get a bottle of water from the vending machine, water wasn't even an option to choose from, only soda's. And on top of that, the machine was broken and wouldn't accept the money anyway. The next morning the food was inedible, eggs couldn't even be ripped apart so once again, we decided to just go to the pool, which was to open at 10am. Changed into our bathing suits and headed downstairs at 10:10 only to find the pool closed. Checked with the front desk and they were surprised and unaware the pool wasn't open. The lady called the lifeguard company (they subcontract this out) and was told there would be a lifeguard there in 30 min.....45 min later, still no lifeguard. Once again, she called and they told her another 20 min. With a 2-3 hour drive ahead of me and unsure if the lifeguard would ever show up, we decided to just go ahead and leave. When we left at 12pm, there was still no lifeguard there and the pool was still closed. She proceeded to tell me that because I did an advance purchase through their site, she couldn't adjust my charges but would leave a message for the manager to contact me. As of yesterday, Wednesday July 3, no one had contacted me so *I* called them and spoke with the front desk manager, was told the GM was in a meeting. FD manager said he would talk with the GM and get back with me no later than today. Again, I called a few minutes ago and was told that both managers are unavailable today and will get back with me. I chose this hotel because of the pool and brand....it was much further away than many other hotels that I could have chosen and I'm at this point beyond disappointed in their customer service and how they're handling this. I travel quite a bit and haven't encountered anything like this before....seems like such a run around and lack of stepping up to the plate and handling a customers concerns.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank gypsysoul73
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear about your stay concerns. Please be assured we will make every possible effort to resolve this to the best of your satisfaction,

Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great say and great facilities for the cost. Staff was pleasant and professional. Good breakfast (included). Excellent service for Dulles airport. The shuttle driver, Tony, drove back to the hotel and picked up a phone we had accidently left and brought it back to us at the airport (Thanks Tony!).

1 Thank Matthew W
va319, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and complimenting Tony . We value your comments and look forward seeing you soon in the near future.

Rajesh Singh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Staybridge Suites Chantilly Dulles Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!