“Great Place to Stay”

Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a clean, modern, and uptodate property. The rooms were very clean with no bed bugs, roaches, or spiders. I am an Entomologist and parasitologist and I did the critter check and the bed, drawers, behind the pictures were super clean. This is a restful quiet place and very relaxing. The staff is out standing and helpful. Courie and Ray were excellent and they helped me to get points for my stay by enrolling me in the point system to be used at any of their partner hotels. These young men were well trained in the hotel and resturant industry. The bed was a little soft, but I love hard (China) beds. It was very easy to control the temperature in the rooms. Their hot breakfast is the absolute best and worth a 5 star rating. The waffle man and juice lady were wonderful and kept all containers filled even when this herd of young people came in for breakfast. Everyone was organized and served. The Weather Channel would be better in the dining area than FOX news which can cause indigestion. I have stayed at this hotel three different times and I will stay again. I love this hotel. The gym is very good and adequate. The pool looked good and clean , but I did not go for a dip. Next time I will.

Room Tip: To check for bed bugs, pull the mattress back over the box spring and look for dead bodies, skin, bl...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeurel S

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews and it's convenience to the Air and Space Museum and some relatives in the area. Of course the free shuttle to the museum was great to avoid the $15 parking fee (the museum is free). All the staff were very helpful, the hot breakfast was good and and well maintained, and I always enjoy a complimentary WS Journal. Hotels are used for sleeping and the beds were the best. AC/heat was quieter than most but it was warm enough to leave it off at night if the room was pre-warmed beforehand.
We were given a handicap room which has a larger than normal bathroom. I was surprised that there was no bath heater, and that the shower curtain was mounted too high and would not stay inside the tub, so some water collected on the floor. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We usually get a room away from any ice/drink machines and elevators to avoid noise. The north or e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank etntripper
Reviewed October 28, 2011

The Comfort Suites Chantilly was one of the best hotels in this chain that we have stayed in. I'd give it 4.5 stars. The room was well furnished and the king sized bed was very comfortable.

The shuttle bus to Dulles Airport and the National Air & Space Museum (to avoid the $15 parking charge) was particularly valuable. I also enjoyed having a free Wall Street Journal in the morning.

It still bugs me that this chain bills its rooms as suites when they are nothing of the sort. They take a nice standard sized hotel room and partially divide it into two areas with a short vestige of a wall. This doesn't create two rooms, it only takes up space that could be put to better use. But I have come to accept it and stay here anyway.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed for 1 night 20 OCT 2011, Room 406 , I like the place very much ,clean spacious room , thanks to the front disk Core and to the bus shuttle driver Because they offered me a drive by the hotel car ( Hooters restaurant) at night which was 1 mile from the hotel and picked me back although they did not have to do this, but did it because I did not know the address
Thanks to Toni in the restaurant for his smiling and helpful character
I really felt at home and enjoyed one night staying

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was great. Rooms are very nice and
comfortable. Breakfast was great and Toni made our waffles for us every
morning. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping. Fit us perfectly.
Would highly recommend staying here. Marvin & Kathy

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Suites hotel in Chantilly, VA on Oct. 13. The breakfast bar had closed and a worker by the name of Toni (agent VA3191) noticed that I was looking around and kindly asked me what I wanted and went back to the kitchen and gave me an apple. That was a very nice demonstration of the hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Thank you for a great stay this past Wednesday & Thursday. I was in Chantilly for my daughter's wedding. Everyone at the front desk was accomodating, kind, courteous and efficeint. Toni was most kind and went the extra mile with my family, making EVERYONE feel welcome.

Frank D