New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Place to Stay-Would stay there again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
“Great Place to Stay-Would stay there again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed there to go to the Air and Space Museum. Room was clean and large with everything you need. Free WiFi, Flat screen TV with a hundred channels. Small fridge and microwave. Stores and restaurants within walking distance. Very comfortable bed. Great hot breakfast (Eggs, sausage and waffles on the grill by "Toni" . Also cereal, yogurt donuts, pastries, juices) Shuttle service by "Toni" to airport and Air and Space Museum. Saves $15 parking fee. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I made reservations for this hotel the day before our arrival. The Choice Hotels operator was helpful and friendly in my search for a suite in the DC area. We arrived late and minor problems were resolved quickly by the friendly desk clerk on duty. I gave a bed to wife and young daughter and one to my son. I slept on the sofa bed. It was not bad for the 3 nights. Although I did not sleep on the beds, they felt a little soft for my taste.
The breakfast was outstanding. They had stick-free spray next to waffle iron (rarely seen at many hotels I have stayed at.) There was a wide variety of food and plenty of it. The dining area is clean and more comfortable and attractive than most Choice Hotels I have stayed at. I did not ride the shuttle, however, I saw several customers exit it and appear pleased with the service.
The hotel is located next to a rather large shopping center with several chain and ma & pa eateries. We ate across the street at Randolph Deli (R-Deli) and had outstanding Italian subs. Real New York style deli. Try it!
The hotel is attractive and new looking. The indoor pool is small, but comfortable. I really grew to like the speaker they have outside the main entrance that played 40's Frank Sinatra type music. Go ahead and stay at this hotel. You will be comfortable there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Upon arrival, I was extremely tired but the customer service agent at the front desk was very courteous and made sure that I got to my room in a timely manner. Renee was her name and I truly appreciate her patience. I know that after being on the road I can be rather difficult to deal with and can be very impatient. She also made sure that I did not have very far to walk to get to my room since I recently had knee surgery. I really appreciated that little bit of care and concern. I do a lot of traveling and this by far has been the best Choice Hotel I have stayed at this year. I have stayed at a location that after I told them about the surgery, still requested that I walk around the building to my room. I really appreciate the extra effort. Thanks Renee!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here using park and fly for a recent trip to Ireland. The staff was helpful, the room was comfortable, and the shuttle to the airport was prompt. We will use this hotel again for future trips.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Renee at the front desk is friendly and informed. Renee always had the answers and helpful in get our family to all the locations we asked about. This made our stay a happy experiences.
You can not miss the morning breakfast. Great place for the entire family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Montgomery, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Coming from Las Vegas, our flight was delayed and we missed our flight to Charleston, WV forcing us to find reservations at midnight. We called the hotel and were in luck. Upon arriving, Tonette (the young lady on midnight shift on Aug. 9) was such a wonderful clerk. She was very friendly and smiling the entire time. She eased our minds because we were very tired and irritable traveling from Vegas and missing our flight home. After talking to this young lady and with her help, we were settled in our rooms in record time. She gave us information on finding food since we were starving. She was accommodating also in the fact that we were there, but our luggage was not. She provided us with the incidentals that she had at the desk. She was truly our angel that night. If the desk clerk had been rude, I think the outcome would have been bad since we had been in an airport and on the plane since 11:00 a.m. that day. After meeting this young lady, we forgot how tired we were. I would definitely stay in the Comfort Suites Chantilly again. The rooms were exceptionally clean and accommodating. Please give our regards to Tonette.

Garfield and Rita Bohanna
West Virginia

Room Tip: Access to a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot. The rooms were immaculately clean. The staff was...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Although overall this was a nice hotel, my wife was disappointed that she was unable to use the bathtub. There was no "stopper" in the tub so she went to the desk to check for one. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had said they didn't have one but would make a note to repair the tub. Instead, she was told that they no were taking the stoppers out and didn't have any so that a bath could be taken. They should be listing their hotel as "shower only" if that is the case. Other than that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank traveler460
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Comfort Inn University Center
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
#9 of 15 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 204 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!