TownePlace Suites by Marriott Chantilly Dulles South
$80
Courtyard
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$113
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$85
$87
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$75
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

$93
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$89
Hyatt.com
$110
$104
$113
$99
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport(Chantilly)(Great Value!)
$107
ComfortSuites
All reviewsfull kitchenmarriott elitetowne place suitesyogurtyoung gentlemanwe stayed in a two bedroomsmall kitchenparking lotrestaurants and shoppinglate arrivaltv channelsbed was comfortablenice sizewould definitely stay here againdoreengmnoise
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was more spacious than I had expected and the quality of amenities was also better than I had expected. The room had a full kitchen (full-size fridge, stove/oven, microwave, sink, and coffee maker). I would have expected more dishes, utensils, and glasses, however, given a 2-bedroom suite. The room was clean an neat, however there was a mess of food crumbs right outside our door (there was no way to tell whether or not that just happened or was left there). The beds were a little uncomfortable and the walls were as thin as paper. You could hear people walking overhead if you were on a lower floor (as we were) as well as people walking up the stairs, since we abutted the stairwell.

Check in was relatively quick and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was a little lacking in substance, as all that was available were breads, pre-packaged Sara-Lee muffins, cereals, oatmeal and 2 kinds of fruit along with the usual coffee, juices, yogurts, and milks. However, the breakfast area was well kept, although somewhat small (about the size of a hotel room).

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so you're not disturbed by people walking overhead late a night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the TownPlace Suites Chantilly Dulles South on a 12 day business trip to the area. This was my first visit to this hotel and I specifically chose this hotel because of both the location, but more importantly because I was able to use PointSaver nights with my Marriott reward points.

The hotel is very convenient to Sully Road, Dulles Airport, restaurants and grocery stores. There are numerous good restaurants and a couple of grocery stores within short walking distance. Also within a few miles drive is the FairFax shopping district (10 minutes) and the FairFax/Vienna Metro station (15 minutes).

Due to the proximity to Dulles, it can be noisy depending upon the flight patterns. Outside can be deafening as the large international flights land and take off. Inside I was able to avoid the harsh edges of the noise by running my AC fan continuously. This provided enough white noise that the outside noise did not bother me, but for someone people this may not be enough.

The biggest problem I had with the hotel was not the hotel staff, or the buildings, but the guests. I guess the cheap nature of the hotel brings less than reputable guests at times. There was a consistent crowns in the gazebo, and my colleagues suggested less than reputable actions occurred there.

I personally had troubles with a neighbor smoking (presumably in their bathroom with the fan on) which caused a strong cigarette smoke smell in my room. I mitigated this by constantly running my bathroom fan. Without that I was unable to stay in the room as I am sensitive to smells.

In summary, the hotel is cheap, and a good location, but may be undesirable if you are unable to handle noise, or the occasional unsavory characters.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clayton K
Reviewed June 27, 2013

stayed 5 nights in 2 bedroom, one bath room. Jayna, weekend front desk, and Jae her boss, both excellent and attentive to all details. Jayna showed me property, made certain I was familiar with amenities and all was right. After departure, I left envelope with receipts in drawer in kitchen, and Jae found me to make certain I did not need them. Each unit has a kitchen making family vacation travel more cost-effective. Only down side - pull out bed on couch was not great, had my youngest sleep on the cushions with a sleeping bag and pillows in the large double door closet - at around 4 foot tall, this worked fine, and I slept in one of two double beds.

Room Tip: back of building away from parking lot. Property has family clientele and a fair number of traveling laborers who sit out front to smoke/have a beer, but they are not threatening in any way. Just choose a back room to offset a bit of noise. Planes overhead can be loud - close to Dulles
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have stayed at a number of Townplace Suites and this one is about as you would expect. Our studio suite had a full sized fridge, small stove, microwave and kitchen sink as well as a flat screen tv. The couch pulled out into a slightly larger than twin sized bed, good for one person, too small for two unless they were small children. Breakfast has improved since we were last at this hotel, they now have a small breakfast room, pretty typical continental fare. Rooms are clean and not too worn, location is excellent, very convenient to Dulles, 28 corridor or I66.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed one night for business. I had to use the internet and that worked fine. Wireless was not advertised but I was able to connect on my phone. I did not try wireless with the laptop. The staff was really nice. The only negative thing is that the rooms by the stairs are noisy. The bed was comfortable though.

Room Tip: Don't choose 202. Very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business