New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Raleigh
“Very nice for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is an older hotel that has been remodeled. The colors are vibrant and the decor gives the place a modern feel. The breakfast was nice - - hot and cold options, lots of breads/bagels/rolls, but also fruit, yugurt and oatmeal. Several restaurants in walking distance, and a very clean indoor pool and jacuzzi. My only complaints is the quality of the towels....they had put so much obvious care into the decor, the amenities, and the breakfast...but the towels seemed to be left over from before the remodel! Staff was very friendly and nice - coffee bar 24/hours. Overall, a very decent deal for the price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Guillaume B, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. One of the great changes coming to all Fairfield Inns this year (2013) will bring a fresh style to our room linens. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We found this hotel to be nice overall. The breakfast was pretty good in the morning, and the staff in the breakfast area was very helpful and kept it well stocked and clean. The front desk staff was very kind. The hotel was pretty quiet considering how many kids were there for the inaugural ceremony and parade, they did a nice job of maintaining peace and quiet. It was very conveniently located to Washington D.C. and very close to the Air and Space Museum in Chantilly that we visited and really enjoyed. The airplanes landing and taking off were a little loud at times considering the proximity to the airport. The biggest complaint I had was that the heater in the pool was broken, and the reason we picked this hotel was that we were traveling with two kids and that was very important to us. The pool was like ice and was not expected to be fixed until the next week. However, after complaining to management at Marriott that we had used points to pay for the room, they refunded some points and tried to fix the situation the best they could. It wasn't the most glamorous hotel but it was a good place to sleep at a good price and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lmgels
Thank you for sharing such an important historic memory with us at The Fairfield Inn. We're happy that we exceeded your expectations and invite you back again.
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Arrived early evening from west coast flight to connect to an international the next day. Waited in the cold rain over an hour for the hotel shuttle only to find out we had to call them. We had no phone thus other hotel shuttle made the call. The hotel manager personally drove the van to pick us up and apologized for inconvience. As it was now quite late with dining options closing, he drop us at a nice restaurant near the hotel. We had 5 minutes to spare till closing. Had a nice meal thanks to forward thinking of the hotel manager. He took our luggage to the hotel and we walked over after dinner. Was up-graded to a nice suite and given late check out. Very helpful staff. Nice breadfast options and good coffee. Would highly recommend and would stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is our pleasure to extend our best to you. Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel with others.
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have to say I ended up in this hotel after a deadly long line at the Dulles Airport customs made me miss my connection and I had to spend a night there.
I was so mad I wasn't willing to spend a dollar for a hotel, since it wasn't my mistake but bad management by the airport authorities (in NY you can skip the line, if your connecting flight is boarding) So I was about to sleep at the airport gate, but I'm glad I accepted the airline discount: for $59 plus taxes, I spent a night of rest I really needed.
The hotel staff was AMAZING. From the nice man who picked me up at the airport, to the girls at the reception, to the ladies in the breakfast room.
I got a nice, clean and comfortable room. Breakfast wasn't over the top, but there was a lot of variety.
Thanx again to the staff for turning a nightmare into a nice stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Piero P
We're glad that we were able to turn your day around with our welcoming staff and amenities. We hope your next stay will be much longer, and part of your next travel plan.
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Once again I’m impressed with the Fairfield brand. We’ve visited the Fairfield in Frederick, MD and knew what to expect, and in Chantilly our expectations were met and in a couple of ways, exceeded.

This visit was prompted by our annual ‘Day After Christmas’ family outing to a location within 250 miles of home. We spent the day relaxing at a place called Spaworld, which is a hour from where we live. Instead of making the drive back we decided to stay at a nearby hotel and then take in the Udvar-Hazy ‘branch’ of the Air and Space Museum the next day.

Our google directions weren’t quite specific enough and we got lost. When we called the hotel, we were efficiently and patiently guided in by Roxanne. When we arrived, she greeted us warmly, checked us in quickly and assisted us in every way possible.

Besides the great personal service, this Fairfield offers free shuttle to nearby Dulles and many places within a certain radius INCLUDING the Air and Space Museum; which saves visitors the $15 per vehicle parking fee!

Other amenities include free in-room wi-fi and free HBO along with many popular cable networks. Free breakfast is included, but except for the Belgian waffle maker, it’s very basic and standard for Fairfield, it seems. If I were to make one suggestion for improvement, it would be that “Mama” Marriott put some of its profits into upgrading its “daughter’s” breakfast offerings. But that’s a note to Marriott, NOT to Fairfield.

With everything this Fairfield has to offer, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kinch417
Thank you for sharing your positive stay at The Fairfiled Inn Chantilly with others. This year we are kicking off improvements which will make our hotel an even finer place for affordable lodging in the Northern Virginia area. Our best to you!
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had an overnight stay at this venue. Very functional and met my needs.

I arrived at Dulles and met the shuttle at pickup point 2H. The pickup point was at the extreme other end of where I emerged from the terminal.That;s the travel life.

Greeting at the hotel was nice. Room was adequate. I have attached photo. The hotel is a little aged but for $70 per niegh inc breakfast and transfers I can tolerate this.

The breakfast is what I call a pre-fab breakfast. Everything was kind of pre-packed for a self serve breakfast. I had an egg & sausgae roll heated in the microwave. It was good. I added a fresh cooked waffle. I cooked that myself.

The gym facilities are quite small. Two treadmills in a single roo. The photos show 4 treadmills - via the use of mirrors.

The pool was useful to cool down. The main pool was so cold could not fully submerge. I didn't try the spa which seemed nice though.

The hotel shuttle also operates tot he impressive Air & Space Museum. A must see.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Your comments are well received. This year (2013) renovations are planned to our fitness center which will please you, I'm sure, on your next visit to Chantilly, VA.
North Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very accommodating. First time I didn't get up with an aching back. A little noisy. Not every room has a fridge. We didn't know that but they took care of us.very colorful design palette. Plenty of parking. Breakfast very standard and the room got a little crowded.

• Stayed October 2012