All reviewsdulles airportthe breakfast areabreakfast offeringsbob evansconvenient hotelfree breakfastdesk clerkexcellent customer servicewafflesvan driverair and space museumone night staycleaning staffexcellent staymetro stationwaffle makerdc area
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have to say I ended up in this hotel after a deadly long line at the Dulles Airport customs made me miss my connection and I had to spend a night there.
I was so mad I wasn't willing to spend a dollar for a hotel, since it wasn't my mistake but bad management by the airport authorities (in NY you can skip the line, if your connecting flight is boarding) So I was about to sleep at the airport gate, but I'm glad I accepted the airline discount: for $59 plus taxes, I spent a night of rest I really needed.
The hotel staff was AMAZING. From the nice man who picked me up at the airport, to the girls at the reception, to the ladies in the breakfast room.
I got a nice, clean and comfortable room. Breakfast wasn't over the top, but there was a lot of variety.
Thanx again to the staff for turning a nightmare into a nice stay

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Piero P
Guillaume B, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We're glad that we were able to turn your day around with our welcoming staff and amenities. We hope your next stay will be much longer, and part of your next travel plan.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Once again I’m impressed with the Fairfield brand. We’ve visited the Fairfield in Frederick, MD and knew what to expect, and in Chantilly our expectations were met and in a couple of ways, exceeded.

This visit was prompted by our annual ‘Day After Christmas’ family outing to a location within 250 miles of home. We spent the day relaxing at a place called Spaworld, which is a hour from where we live. Instead of making the drive back we decided to stay at a nearby hotel and then take in the Udvar-Hazy ‘branch’ of the Air and Space Museum the next day.

Our google directions weren’t quite specific enough and we got lost. When we called the hotel, we were efficiently and patiently guided in by Roxanne. When we arrived, she greeted us warmly, checked us in quickly and assisted us in every way possible.

Besides the great personal service, this Fairfield offers free shuttle to nearby Dulles and many places within a certain radius INCLUDING the Air and Space Museum; which saves visitors the $15 per vehicle parking fee!

Other amenities include free in-room wi-fi and free HBO along with many popular cable networks. Free breakfast is included, but except for the Belgian waffle maker, it’s very basic and standard for Fairfield, it seems. If I were to make one suggestion for improvement, it would be that “Mama” Marriott put some of its profits into upgrading its “daughter’s” breakfast offerings. But that’s a note to Marriott, NOT to Fairfield.

With everything this Fairfield has to offer, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kinch417

Thank you for sharing your positive stay at The Fairfiled Inn Chantilly with others. This year we are kicking off improvements which will make our hotel an even finer place for affordable lodging in the Northern Virginia area. Our best to you!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had an overnight stay at this venue. Very functional and met my needs.

I arrived at Dulles and met the shuttle at pickup point 2H. The pickup point was at the extreme other end of where I emerged from the terminal.That;s the travel life.

Greeting at the hotel was nice. Room was adequate. I have attached photo. The hotel is a little aged but for $70 per niegh inc breakfast and transfers I can tolerate this.

The breakfast is what I call a pre-fab breakfast. Everything was kind of pre-packed for a self serve breakfast. I had an egg & sausgae roll heated in the microwave. It was good. I added a fresh cooked waffle. I cooked that myself.

The gym facilities are quite small. Two treadmills in a single roo. The photos show 4 treadmills - via the use of mirrors.

The pool was useful to cool down. The main pool was so cold could not fully submerge. I didn't try the spa which seemed nice though.

The hotel shuttle also operates tot he impressive Air & Space Museum. A must see.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Your comments are well received. This year (2013) renovations are planned to our fitness center which will please you, I'm sure, on your next visit to Chantilly, VA.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very accommodating. First time I didn't get up with an aching back. A little noisy. Not every room has a fridge. We didn't know that but they took care of us.very colorful design palette. Plenty of parking. Breakfast very standard and the room got a little crowded.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

One of the most important things that mean a lot to me is the hospitality of the hotel staff. I was met with one of the warmest smiles I've ever seen from hotel staff member Asma Clerk. She assisted me in my day to day activities.
The entire staff was superb in ensuring I had what I needed to complete my business travel. AAAAAA++++ and gosh, awesome job and comfortable environment.

Room Tip: Near the airport so try to avoid the rooms facing the front of the hotel. You are not going to be able to avoid most of the airplanes over head. However, makes for passing the time if you get bored.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business