All reviews dulles airport the breakfast area breakfast offerings bob evans convenient hotel free breakfast desk clerk excellent customer service waffles van driver air and space museum one night stay cleaning staff excellent stay metro station waffle maker dc area
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during an unexpected trip to the DC area with my brother and his family. They stayed in Centerville and this hotel was only 5 minutes from their location. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes away from the nearest Metro Station - Vienna. I usually have low standards and try to avoid Fairfield Inn brand. I am a Marriott Elite member and do have very high standards for the Marriott brand. I have to say, this hotel exceed all expectations for the Fairfield brand. My room was exceptional clean - even those spaces behind the furniture and in the corners - very clean. The housekeeping staff is to be praised. The only cons- beds are a bit stiff (I prefer the pillow top mattresses); breakfast could have used hot scrambled eggs (this must vary between hotels); no recognition for elite status (even my room key was plain). Some have commented on hearing planes and doors slamming shut. I did experience this, but to minimize noise, I always insist on having a room on the highest floor. This hotel is near the airport - so airport noise is expected. To be honest, I was so tired from my visit each night, the noise was not a problem and I am a light sleeper. And, if you have the tv or air conditioner on - you can hardly hear any noise. There was a large dorm sized fridge and a small microwave oven in the room. It was a pleasure returning the hotel at night and to be greeted by Roxanne. She always had a smile on her face. I wish the hotel had more tourist information on the DC area. I would certainly return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Request a highest floor room away from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed on business the 3rd week in June and was pleasantly surprised! Awesome service and very warm and friendly staff. The hotel decor is the new FFI package and is beautriful. Breakfast was plentiful and had egg and cheese sandwiches also! I had suite 129 and was very impressed with it. Spacious and comfortable; 2 big flat screen TVs and a separate sitting area from the bedroom and a nice soothing view of a grassy area and the woods. Internet always worked well and was fast too! Housekeeping also was excellent and got me a special request (shower mat). Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Suite 129 was excellent--soothing view and close to lobby which is a plus!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful, the rates were reasonable and the location was perfect for our touring plans. Only a couple of miles from Air and Space museum and close to wineries and Manassas Battlefield. The staff in all areas were professional and courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel anytime. John Sloan, Sanford, Maine

Room Tip: Our room was in the front of the hotel, second floor and although the airport is busy and planes do fly over, the hotel if very quiet and sleep is not affected.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We have stayed at this Chantilly Fairfield Inn several times. The last time we stayed in mid-May of this year, we had a couple with us. Our rooms were wonderful. My husband has left side paralysis from having had 3 strokes, so I asked for a room to accommodate him. We could not have asked for anything better. For handicap accessibility, It is the best we have ever stayed in. The couple traveling with us were extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the room, the friendliness of the staff, the continental breakfast, and the decor. We did not experience tremendous noise. We reserved rooms months in advance at the Hampton Inn once and I specifically asked for handicap facilities and when we arrived the staff acted shocked that we were there. The room was not ready, and we had a graduation that evening and ended up having to take another room on the 3rd floor with no handicap accommodations, the room was very small, and it was very inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was decorated in vibrant, cheery and tasteful colors. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My key didn't work at first try so I was given a bag of snack items to make up for my trouble; when the coffee ran out at breakfast a staff member promptly delivered a fresh cup to my table without my even having to ask for it. The pool and hot tub were clean, and towels were provided both at the pool and in the fitness room. The pool is handicap accessible with a lift to assist a person in and out of the water, and a lifeguard was on duty during pool hours.
A shuttle is available to the Air & Space museum; a good deal since the parking fee at the museum is $15.00.
There are plenty of restaurant choices within a few minutes' drive. Overall a great value and a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012