$106
$103
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport(Chantilly)(Great Value!)
$82
$129
  • Pool
$93
$85
All reviewsdulles airportthe breakfast areabreakfast offeringsconvenient hotelfree breakfastdesk clerkexcellent customer servicewafflesvan driverair and space museumone night staycleaning staffexcellent stayup to datemetro stationwaffle makerdc area
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We drove ahead of a storm and arrived in VA a day earlier than anticipated to set up for an event we were doing at Dulles Expo Center. I called the Fairfield to see if we could check in early, with just a few hours notice. They MOST helpful in reserving our spacious room, which was clean and nicely decorated.

Room Tip: ask for room away from elevator/ice machine
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. From the airport pick up (as well as arranging transportation when I wanted to go into DC) to the cookies in the lobby, this is an extremely service-oriented hotel. The shuttle was prompt, the breakfast was great, and the room was large, comfortable and very clean. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again when visiting the Chantilly area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Nikita5255
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn near Dulles for four nights (Mon-Fri) in late October. The rate was better than a lot of other hotels in the area (AAA, $135/night), and the hotel was convenient to my conference location. The hotel offers a free airport shuttle service, but I did not use it, so I cannot comment on that. There was a Longhorn Steakhoues, Bob Evans, and a New York Deli within easy walking distance, plus numerous other places within a very short drive.

The amenities at the hotel were pretty much in line with this type of hotel. They had a swimming pool, hot tub, exercise room, free breakfast, and a computer with a printer. The indoor pool and hot tub were both very clean. The pool was heated to a very comfortable temperature, and they even had a life guard in the evenings, despite the fact the deep end is only 4.5 ft. The hot tub was large, but the jets were not very energetic. The exercise room had a stationary bike, a couple of treadmills, and some dumbbells. The room was so small, I cannot imagine where you could use the dumbbells, though. The free breakfast was...well free. It had the usual cereal, bagels, muffins, and a waffle maker. It was lacking any kind of hot food (eggs, bacon, etc). The staff kept it well stocked and the eating area very clean. There was no business center, but there was a computer with a printer in the lobby.

The room was comfortable. I had a room with two queen beds, and it was fairly spacious. It had a desk that served as a good work space (with the free wifi). They offered free HBO and Showtime as well as the other standard cable channels. Overall, the room was adequate. Nothing stands out as great, but there was nothing lacking either.

One special note about the hotel. Every staff member I encountered was especially friendly and helpful

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank shockwave7_7
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We usually stay at Marriott Courtyard or Marriott Springhill Suites whenever we visit Fairfax, Va., but both were booked so we chose Fairfield Inn. Never again! We assumed we'd hear planes overhead, but didn't think it would be as loud as it was. Our room was directly over the entrance where smokers gathered to chat. The windows were so thin we were able to hear their conversations clearly without standing anywhere near the window. At 7:45am one guy began shouting to his friend, "Can you hear me now? I'll speak louder so you can hear me!" At night, we had to turn the TV volume up in order to hear it. When Hurricane Irene hit we were staying at the Marriott Courtyard, and we kept wondering when the storm was coming. The only way we knew it was raining and windy was when we opened the sliding glass door. Fairfield Inn needs to invest in similar windows. Also, we've never stayed at a hotel where we could hear people walking above us, as another reviewer mentioned! We couldn't believe we were hearing loud footsteps! Also, every night and morning we heard almost every door on our floor slam shut! Again, never experienced this before at other hotels. Maybe we would hear the next door neighbor's door but not the entire floor! Needless to say we didn't sleep well. As the other reviewer also mentioned, the toilet seats are cheap plastic that don't fit properly so they slide to the side unexpectedly. The room didn't come with a refrigerator, which would have been nice, but it was very clean and so was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was fine, not the best, but better than expected. Staff made it a point of keeping the area neat and clean, which we greatly appreciated. Overall, the staff was great! We have no desire to return, but if you're looking for a clean place to stay for a good price with breakfast included, and you don't mind noise, this place is a good choice.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor facing the back of the hotel to cut down on the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Very nice and convenient hotel.

The location was perfect for us. We were going to visit the Air & Space Museum at Dulles Airport. The hotel was less than 5 minutes away and easily found. The rooms were clean, the staff helpful, the complimentary breakfast was great, and we had a very nice overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple