“Not a fan” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Don Churro Cafe

Don Churro Cafe
Ranked #17 of 144 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Spanish, South American, Colombian, Central American, Argentinean, Venezuelan, Ecuadorean
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 50
Description: Don Churro Cafe is a hidden gem located in Chantilly, Virginia specializing in authentic dishes from Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, and Spain. Named one of the region's Best New Restaurants by Northern Virginia Magazine, Don Churro Cafe presents delicacies from the expansive dinner menu, such as ceviche peruano, empanadas and saltenas, gambas al ajillo, Ecuadorian llapingachos, bandeja paisa, and Venezuelan arepas. Homemade churros piped full of manjar blanco (caramel) or delicious Nutella are sprinkled with powdered sugar for good measure. To ensure the quality of our food, all dishes are cooked to order using the freshest ingredients. The chef uses canola or olive oil in all of our dishes, organic coffee in our specialty coffees and recycles all its cooking oil. Visit our menu and events at www.gotchurros.com or at our Facebook page and "Discover the most authentic delicacies of the Latin world without ever leaving your neighborhood."
Reston, Virginia
“Not a fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Maybe I just don't like Peruvian food, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.... I think it is more like I don't like Peruvian food prepared by this restaurant. The only nice thing about this place was the owner was super friendly and charming, the servers.. not so much.

I hope this place doesn't stay around too long, it is good real estate space for a decent restaurant. What we need is some good Mexican around here, and Anitas around the corner isn't cutting it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars

“Absolute south american cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Fantastic carne asada which came with tostones which were also god. The arepas and empanada were excellent. The service and the staff were very helpful. The coffee could have a Latino touch. But fresh juices was fantastic. Looking forward to coming here again for dinner and drinks, the mohito looks inviting.

Herndon, Virginia
“Good South American Tapas and Sangria”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I recently had lunch at Don Churro, a South American and Spanish restaurant in Chantilly. We decided to split a variety of their tapas accompanied by their Sangria. We had the Chilena empanada which was filled with ground beef, olives, raisins, onions and eggs, the De Queso empanada, filled with queso fresco, the Arepas con carne mechada made with pulled beef, and the Causa de pollo, made of layers of mashed potatoes mixed with aji amarillo chicken, mayonnaise and avocado. All were good, but we especially liked the Chilena and De Queso empanadas. The Sangria was fruity and spicy. Service was excellent and friendly. Prices are reasonable. All in all a good experience.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank pletzkeb
dnialcdlo
“Even good for the apprehensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband LOVES dragging me to ethic restaurants to see what the heck I'm going to choose to eat. We were pleasantly surprised! I was expecting Mexican type food and it was not. I'm not quite sure what it was although I think South American. The food was all very normal food everyone would recognize - just not necessarily together. For instance, my meal had seasoned chicken, rice, french fries, gravy, and fried plantains. It was amazing although I had never had all those things together. They were really good though! We actually went about a year ago and have been back at least 4 more times and I've ordered something different every time and have been happy every time! It's rarely crowded and the staff is friendly. There was once that everyone's food came out at different times. They were apologetic and gave us free dessert to make things right. The churro with Nutella was quite yummy!

• Visited July 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This restaurant has a critical management problem. The food is good however the service is very disappointing. Managers (female) needs to learn how to apologize to customers and provide an effective training to their staff (servers and cooks). During busy hours the restaurant’s management should be prepared for high volume of customers and manager should not expect that customers understand that the kitchen is busy. I waited for about an hour for my food after that I lost my appetite. The restaurant’s owners may choose not to pay attention to this post but if they do, honestly they should consider change the way how they operate this business.
I will never go back to this place.

• Visited May 2012